Notary Rotary
California SOS news letter, January 2013
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Budman on 1/2/13 1:15pm
Msg #448485

On page 3, common mistakes #7: "Record, without abbreviations, all the information required by law to be recorded for every notarial act." Our modern journal of notarial events purchased here has abbreviations for some of the boxes to be checked. Comments?

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 1/2/13 1:50pm
Msg #448491

I purchased and completed one Journal purchased from this

site; I like the journal.
I am now back to the journals I previously used.
I had several unused and I am making use of them currently.
As far as abbreviations, I personally input each details of each document that has a signature that I notarize.
If I any notarized document that I complete is called into question and I have to provide verification of such document, I want to be sure to have all the details listed.
Call me old fashioned or whatever, but I prefer to have complete detailed information for each document with a signature that I notarize.

Stephanie

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/2/13 2:02pm
Msg #448492

Re: I purchased and completed one Journal purchased from this

Yeah, I think what a lot of people aren't picking up here is that over the last year or two is that the SoS has been constantly pointing out that they aren't happy with the way CA notaries have been keeping their journals. They are finding too many too many mistakes, leaving out information, etc. It seems obvious to me that they're saying, "Look people, you need to start journaling more accurately."

I like the NotRot journals, but I don't use them anymore either. I'm not entirely convinced they are compliant with CA law (I think they lack the satisfactory evidence statement per entry) and I think they encourage inaccurate journal practice for Ca notaries -- but that's JUST my opinion. It's a shame because I like the journal. If they redid it, or had one specifically tailored to CA notaries using the 1 line method, I'd likely go back. I use one I designed myself to go with my own workflow.

Reply by leeinla on 1/3/13 12:19am
Msg #448593

Re: I purchased and completed one Journal purchased from this

According to Msg #322572 a few notaries stated that you can purchase your journal here and be compliant with CA law. Do you guys purchase your journal(s) here or some where else?
I do not want to give the NNA more business.

Thanks,

L.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.