Notary Rotary
Chase (2) hour Doc Delivery Policy
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Gilda Murray on 1/27/13 4:22pm
Msg #452527

Will they ever reconsider this time frame? Especially at the EOM with other signings scheduled for the same day line up. Had three scheduled, the Chase signing was for 11:00am I called the title company at 8:00am to remind them I had not received Chase docs and was reminded about the two hour policy. Did not receive docs until 10:00am, (still late) " had to download two sets, travel time was 30 mins away so I was late to the signing and was backed on my other two appointments. Was NOT a happy camper. My normal window time for doc delivery is 4 hours from the appointment. Most of the time I receive my docs a day in advance and a few of them are Chase, however for the 2 hour issue? they need to be more considerate for the notary in travel time and acknowledging other circumstances that may occurr. If it happens again will move my schedule around and get to that signing at the end, letting borrower know of course they docs were late. Just my thoughts.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/27/13 4:36pm
Msg #452530

I, no one of consequence, approve of this message! n/m

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/27/13 5:11pm
Msg #452539

OT: Anyone who remembers Wavy Gravy is of groovy

grapefruit consequence.

Reply by Gilda Murray on 1/27/13 6:39pm
Msg #452564

Re: I, no one of consequence, approve of this message!

Your respectful opinion, however it's a fact.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/28/13 10:56am
Msg #452668

That I am no one of consequence is indeed a fact ;) n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 1/27/13 5:08pm
Msg #452538

In total agreement with you, Gilda!

4 hours or I'll get to it as time allows.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 1/27/13 5:18pm
Msg #452544

I seldom get docs 4 hours in advance, 2 is the norm for me

I wish I could get docs at least a day in advance; must be dreaming Smile

Reply by Gilda Murray on 1/27/13 7:17pm
Msg #452571

Re: I seldom get docs 4 hours in advance, 2 is the norm for me

Ok I understand if you are accustomed to this . but what if the (2) hours is even late? No consideration for the borrower or the notary in getting the signing done on time. In Calif. where I was born and raised traveling a 30 mins time can end of being 1 or 2 hours depending on the day of the week and time of the day. "Very congested state". I can be flexible because that's part of this business world. The title company I work for is very respected and appreciated they are 5 star rated. Very Seldom I get docs less than 24 hours prior to the appointment schedule. When it happens I deal with it and by the way it's not a dream Smile
Being a notary in Calif. (4) hours doc delivery in my opinion "only" is still an acceptable time frame looking at downloading, quick review, and getting on the road. I appreciate and respect everyone's feedback Smile

Reply by ToniK on 1/27/13 5:41pm
Msg #452550

One of the reasons why I refuse to do Chase loans during EOM.

Reply by JimAZ on 1/27/13 6:30pm
Msg #452562

See my Msg #452462
No docs, late docs,,,,No sign!!!!! I don't complain anymore. I feel for the borrower and will keep them informed, but maybe a lender redraw here and there would wake someone up. Maybe a missed month end LO commission $ would do the trick. Maybe an expired interest rate lock might upset someone. We as signing agents can't do anything without docs, so just move on to the next assignment and leave the problem loan (not our fault) behind. JMHO

Reply by 101livescan on 1/27/13 6:33pm
Msg #452563

I think it's a grand plan, but these days, if you want the work, you might be getting docs in way less than 4 hours.

Friday: I have an appt. to sign a client, Quicken docs, I'm excited because it's a quick and easy. I call the borrower to say I'm running a little late because docs haven't yet arrived. He says, "you were supposed to be here at 9am"...I say, well, sorry, I didn't receive that order. I confirmed a 1pm with the title scheduler, and they said they were confirming 1pm with you on my behalf because I was on the road (that was at 9:30am).

I call the scheduler to inquire about status of docs, she fnally calls me back at 1:34pm and says the docs were posted at 1:26. BUT our appt was at 1pm, and the borrower was so unhappy that I wasn't at his home at 9am, and the 1pm did not work cuz wife was working... AND,

I had a 2pm right behind this 1pm and could not wait any longer for docs any way. Needs to be rescheduled.

So, folks, I don't think that realistically four hours advance is realistic because no one quite has it together up and down the line, UWg, Doc drawer, LO with the HUD nos or title/escrow. This is not a perfect world in this biz.

FLEXIBILITY be the key to working this industry.

Reply by Bear900/CA on 1/28/13 2:09am
Msg #452614

I must be deprived. I never get docs early and usually print and run. I thought that's what this business was about.

80% of the time I see the docs for the first time at the kitchen table and usually reading the instructions while I'm out the door. I do scramble to view the HUD and make sure I have enough RTC's though.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/28/13 8:27am
Msg #452633

That's all I do too (I do scramble to view the HUD and make sure I have enough RTC's though.). at the table, same order printed.

Reply by walthtz on 1/27/13 10:35pm
Msg #452598

I find it really amazing...... If we, the Notary are a minute late to the signing, the company that hired us will not use us again, but if the docs are late because of their stupid rule, Then we the Notary are blamed for being late?
amazing

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.