Notary Rotary
Chase Loans - Legal Paper Only
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by AshleyS on 1/16/13 12:46pm
Msg #450682

Received a call this morning from a SS for a Chase loan and the caller told me - all docs must be printed on legal size paper only - I explained that I have a dual tray printer that would print the docs on the appropriate size paper and she told me that Chase now requires all docs be printed on legal size paper only.

Has anyone else received an assignment for a Chase loan and the TC/SS stated legal size only ?

Thanks

Reply by Deborah Breedlove on 1/16/13 12:58pm
Msg #450684

No, not yet anyway. Did a Chase refi last night, and no such requirement.

Reply by emilysigns on 1/16/13 1:08pm
Msg #450687

These requirements seem to change all the time. I never really worry about it, I just write down the name of the person issuing the instructions for future reference, in the event of a problem.

As for your printer, it's a simple click of a button to change the print file type.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/16/13 2:07pm
Msg #450691

If Chase wants all their docs on legal size paper then they need to format all their docs in legal size.

Reply by Judy/TX on 1/16/13 2:22pm
Msg #450692

Yes - Chase Loans - Legal Paper Only

Did a Chase for TS just this past Saturday. The first page of the instructions clearly said: "Package must be printed on Legal sized paper". I gave them exactly what they asked for.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/16/13 2:31pm
Msg #450693

Re: Yes - Chase Loans - Legal Paper Only

TS?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/16/13 2:45pm
Msg #450698

Title Source, Julie n/m

Reply by Cody on 1/17/13 12:30am
Msg #450776

Re: Yes - Chase Loans - Legal Paper Only

I have seen that page, but I had already printed both sets with dual tray. Didn't hear back so assumed it was all good...

Reply by Calnotary on 1/16/13 2:35pm
Msg #450694

When you see crazy or strange requirements you need to ask someone. Months ago I had a TSI signing and the requirements were different colors of ink and legal size paper in the whole package.

I called them and they told me that it was for a certain county in Michigan and to print letter/legal size according to the file.

Reply by Judy/TX on 1/16/13 2:54pm
Msg #450699

I did call TS since I had not seen this before - they said "all legal". I complied.

Reply by pan/nd on 1/16/13 9:48pm
Msg #450752

I dunno but I think it's TS requirement only.

I do Chase loans regularly (and sometimes reluctantly) for several other large title companies

and letter is fine with them.

But if TS wants legal...that's what they get.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 1/16/13 3:04pm
Msg #450700

The mortgage industry is about the only one left who still

use legal size paper. Lawyers stopped using it years ago. Most, if not all courts, will not accept
dox on legal size paper.
It is , of course, more expensive, than letter, most dox printed out of legal have can
fit all of the info within the limits of letter size.
It is also a lot heavier. I buy it in 1/2 cases at Sams. Bit more expensive, but a lot easier to carry.
I would also think that it a lot more expensive for the lender's etc to store.
Legal size files are more expensive and take up a lot more floor space than letter.
Wish that they would stop making it, then the lenders would no longer require it.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/17/13 10:48am
Msg #450796

Re: The mortgage industry is about the only one left who still

Last I knew, Orange County, FL charges more for legal size as they do not want it. The letter only has been in effect for quite some time.

Reply by ToniK on 1/16/13 4:03pm
Msg #450706

I no longer accept Chase loans. too much headache n/m

Reply by Barb25 on 1/17/13 1:03pm
Msg #450848

Re: I no longer accept Chase loans. too much headache

MY HERO --- ME TOO

Reply by BossLadyMD on 1/16/13 4:20pm
Msg #450709

That's their policy, not Chase. n/m

Reply by Shelly_FL on 1/16/13 4:29pm
Msg #450710

Whenever I call about this, the reason given is so docs do

Not come back with the bottoms chopped off. What the heck? Now I state in my response to the confirmation from hiring party that the documents will be printed as they are received. If that's a problem, I expect to be advised as such.

I do not appreciate getting duplicate and/or conflicting instructions. If you want it on legal, send it as legal. Its not that difficult to scan them either way.

Reply by Matt_VA on 1/16/13 5:05pm
Msg #450717

Re: Whenever I call about this, the reason given is so docs do

Did a third party Chase, TS from a SS. I was goin to print the borrower docs by PDF size, save a little 14" paper, but it stopped about half way through the print job. The second half of the docs were 8.26X11.69. Smaller then legal, bigger then letter. My printer just stops and I can only "push" through one page at a time. In other words, the printer couldn't read the size as either size. I had to reset the printer for one size and print both on 14". I beleive someone is scanning them with incorrect size settings.

Reply by flnative/FL on 1/24/13 9:30pm
Msg #452003

Re: Whenever I call about this, the reason given is so docs do

Whenever SS says to print on all legal, and I do not already know that the title company will accept letter and legal, I call the title company. 100% of the time they have said both letter and legal are OK. Why waste paper printing on all legal, especially with there are 99 letter size and 10 legal!!

Reply by HisHughness on 1/16/13 5:04pm
Msg #450716

Chase obviously has not talked to Marian

Otherwise, they would be aware that dual tray printers are the best thing since whalebone corsets went out of style. Marian is going to be mightily disappointed at this requirement. Let's not tell her until it's absolutely necessary. It's sure to put her in a blue funk for days.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.