Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Chase has put me on their "warning list" ???
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Patti Corcoran on 1/31/13 12:40pm
Msg #453275

Title Source just called and told me that they received a memo from Chase that I am on their warning list. What??? Title Source said that their records indicate that I am good as gold; I know that I am the preferred notary for two loan officers for Chase. No other SS has ever told me anything like this. And, there was no explanation from Chase!! I am leaving for vacation today and you know that I will worry about this all of the time. I feel like someone just punched me in the gut. I don't know what to do next.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 1/31/13 12:57pm
Msg #453280

I may be wrong but I am going to guess that Title Source has embellished the situation a bit. You may be coming up on a "list" because you have done so many Chase signings as of late that they are making sure you are a legitimate notary signing agent out in the field and not just a stamp that someone is in a back office using. Please do not worry about it.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/31/13 1:01pm
Msg #453283

Yikes, Patti. I don't know anything about TS but I do know enough about Chase that they have no room to complain about anybody - talk about the pot calling the kettle black! The "warnings" we could give Chase would make a mountain. In any case, as far as "what to do next." Can you explore this memo more with TS? Can TS send you a copy? There must be a name on it or an e-mail address where it originated. Then, you could go to the source. You could call your two LOs and see if they might intervene on your behalf. That could be risky, tho.

Sounds like you don't even know what they were "warning" you about, so how would you or TS even know what the problem is? Maybe some nut-case borrower complained about you. Maybe you or the borrower forgot to check a box.

Does this "warning list" mean TS won't call you for any more Chase jobs? What was the purpose of even calling you about it to begin with? Makes me wonder if TS is up to something and using Chase as a "cover." All of this is very mind-boggling.

In any case, set a few wheels in motion, then go on vacation and command yourself not to think about this until later! If it can't be resolved, put it in your rearview mirror and look ahead, and market, market, market. Something else always turns up. It's the nature of this business.

Reply by Buddy Young on 1/31/13 5:13pm
Msg #453323

I think we should put Ss and TC on our warning list for slow pay, Bad communications, unable to contact. etc.

Reply by Barb25 on 1/31/13 7:10pm
Msg #453346

No GG, I think it is Chase... They are Nuts. I was doing Chase signings for well over a year, maybe two for a particular signing service. Then this Chase training and whatever started. Branch closings, etc. The fiasco. A LO who was nowhere to be found called the TC and complained about me. Long story. I was there for 1.5 hours. No docs. I left to go to another closing. She was at happy hour or somewhere else. I didn't take care of her customer. Whatever. I am now Persona non grata for Chase. A few week later I got a Bonus check for my fine work on the Chase account. Go figure.

It used to be great doing those signings. Of late, you get treadmarks all over your body doing Chase signings. They don't realize the problems are internal. And nobody (TC) has the guts to tell them.

Reply by Karen Harrison on 2/1/13 9:09am
Msg #453407

I got knocked off of Chase list too. Chase is VERY VERY hard and they have a NO MISTAKE RULE. I showed up 10 minutes late for a signing because I received the documents late. The borrowers left because they were leaving for vacation. I communicated with borrowers as much as I could. And did everything right. But, of course Chase did not want me to do any more of their Signings although it was not by fault.

Reply by Barb25 on 2/1/13 12:54pm
Msg #453441

Pretty soon Chase will have no signers. There is not enough

money to make me want to swallow that kool aid again. They forget that Chase should be taking care of their customers and not Title company people or notaries. They are in are a real dream world. These are not mistakes that notaries are being dropped for... This is from the Chase Training at First American: (From Chase's 4 hour rule...

If you do not have documents 4 hours prior to the scheduled closing time call
your designated FAMS contact immediately.
· FAMS will contact all parties (bank, borrower, LO, and realtor) and will
coordinate a new signing time if necessary.
· FAMS never wants you or a customer sitting at a branch waiting for documents.
· FAMS does not want you to be unfairly blamed for delays out of your control.
· FAMS does not want to waste anyone’s time.

Is this crazy or what? Who wrote this Bank of America?

Reply by CarolF/NC on 2/1/13 8:58pm
Msg #453534

Ah Chase

Bless TS who works late to get chase docs to me and will start calling them that they need docs. Docs for early am signing were at sent 3:43am.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.