Notary Rotary
Computer problem, I get a "403 forbidden" error message
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by kathy/ca on 1/31/13 6:32pm
Msg #453335

whenever I do a Google search. The message also tells me I "do not have permission"....and this is EVERY time I search through Google, started happening a couple days ago. Any suggestions on why this is happening and how I might be able to fix it? Thank you!

Reply by MikeC/TX on 1/31/13 6:47pm
Msg #453339

If you don't already have it, download a copy of Malwarebytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org
and check your system. It's free for home users.

Reply by Sha/CA on 1/31/13 7:50pm
Msg #453351

Sometimes all it takes is to turn off completely & turn on n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 1/31/13 8:45pm
Msg #453359

Malwarebytes...use in safe mode if you're infected n/m

Reply by kathy/ca on 1/31/13 10:03pm
Msg #453378

I downloaded Malwarebytes but not in safe mode, not sure how

to do that. After I scanned using Malewarebytes the list showed several problems including 1 Trojan so I clicked to repair all of them but still I am getting the error message in Google search......it is necessary to use Malwarebytes in safe mode?

Reply by VT_Syrup on 1/31/13 11:53pm
Msg #453388

Re: I downloaded Malwarebytes but not in safe mode, not sure how

In Windows XP or 7, click Start and then click the down arrow next to Shut Down. Choose Restart. As the computer restarts, hold down F8. (If you have a computer that has the function keys reassigned to funtions like volume control and screen brightness, and makes you use a fn key to get F1 through F12, I'm not sure how to do it, you may have to play around a bit.)

When the Advanced Boot Option screen appears, chose the safe mode option you want (Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking). If Malwarebytes is fully downloaded, choose Safe Mode. If Malwarebytes has to download information from the Internet while it is working, pick Safe Mode with Networking.

Run Malwarebytes.

The purpose of Safe Mode is to load only as much as is really necessary for your computer to run, so the hope is, the malware won't get started, and won't be able to prevent Malwarebytes or similar anti-spyware programs from detecting and getting rid of the malware.

Reply by kathy/ca on 2/1/13 10:27am
Msg #453417

Thanks VT, I will try that! Have a great day all!!! n/m

Reply by MikeC/TX on 2/1/13 7:19pm
Msg #453507

Re: I downloaded Malwarebytes but not in safe mode, not sure how

In this case, you should use Malwarebytes in Safe Mode - whatever you have may be loading after you start in regular mode.

There's also a program called "Hijack This!" that will inspect your browser and give you a list of Browser Helper Objects (aka BHOs) that have attached to your browser. BHOs are the things that make your browser do additional stuff. Most are benign, some are malicious. It's much more advanced, but as I recall there is a forum where you can upload the text results of your scan and the geeks there will tell you what you have to do to fix the problem. I'll see if I can track that down for you if you need it.

Also, for future use - depending on which browser you use, there may be a security option to block "reported attack sites". I know that Firefox offers this and i use it, and I'm sure Chrome has it, but I'm not sure of the other browsers.

Google scans web sites on a regular basis to identify those that may be used to drop malware on a user without warning, and builds a list of those sites that may inadvertently be doing that. If you turn this option on, the browser checks Google's list first before allowing you access to the site. If it gets a hit, you get a red screen warning you the web site may contain malware. You have the option to ignore it and go to the site anyway, but that's your choice...

Just got blocked by Firefox yesterday on a newspaper site I normally visit - Google found code on the site that may have been added by hackers to drop malware on visitors.

Be careful out there...

Reply by jba/fl on 1/31/13 8:41pm
Msg #453355

I googled and got this: https://www.google.com/search?q=error+403+forbidden+access+denied&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Reply by MistarellaFL on 1/31/13 8:44pm
Msg #453358

Could be a trojan

http://www.im-infected.com/trojan/nginx-trojan.html

Reply by jba/fl on 1/31/13 8:48pm
Msg #453361

Ignore - that didn't work. But, using Google, I got lots of

hits.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/31/13 8:49pm
Msg #453362

I'll 3rd 4th and 5th Malware Bytes. It's a boss! :) n/m

Reply by Barb25 on 2/1/13 4:52pm
Msg #453485

Try clearing your brower's cache! n/m

Reply by Barb25 on 2/1/13 4:57pm
Msg #453486

Re: Try clearing your brower's cache!

Internet Explorer 9 and 8
1.Click Tools, and select Delete Browsing History... .

2.Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.

3.Click Delete.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.