Notary Rotary
Conversation w/TC branch manager
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 1/24/13 1:46pm
Msg #451911

Hi, this is Hugh in Austin, calling about the Pugh signing, the nugh one yugh sent me yesterday.

Yes, Hugh. What can I dugh for yugh?

He's ughsing a POA, of course, and there are a couple of docughments that have jughrats attached. Jughrats don't work with POAs; he can't swear to what someone else knows.

I've been in this business 20 years, and that's the first time I've ever heard that.

Yeah, I/ve been around a while, tugh, but no can dugh on the jughrats. Sorry.

Reply by LisaWI on 1/24/13 1:55pm
Msg #451913

Is there any state that has a directive in their notary laws that allow this? I spoke with an attorney in our new dept that is handling notaries here in Wisconsin, and while he agreed with me that it couldnt be done, he wouldnt put it in writing, or would he stand behind it.....he stated to me, about the time I do that, someone will prove me wrong.....Oh snap!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/24/13 2:50pm
Msg #451926

Here in FL we only have acks for someone signing

in a representative capacity. There is no Jurat form for it. Our regulations state that the form citing representative capacity is the one to be used when an AIF is signing - and that's an ack.

Florida laws on Powers of Attorney and the duties of the Attorney-in-Fact set forth what an AIF can and cannot do. They also set out certain things the AIF cannot do even if the power is granted to him/her within the POA - and one of those things is make a sworn statement on behalf of the principal.

Don't know about other states..can only speak for FL.

Reply by Buddy Young on 1/24/13 9:26pm
Msg #452001

Re: Hugh, you're sluring your words. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.