Notary Discussion History

Conversation with a TC, a regular but infreqquent client
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 1/22/13 7:29pm
Msg #451580

Conversation with a TC, a regular but infreqquent client

This is Hugh.

Hi, Hugh, this is M*** at T***.

Hi, Maria, may I call you right back. I'm wrapping up a closing, and I will get back to you within 4 minutes.

Sure. My number is 555-555-5555, X555.

I will call you right back.

3 minutes, 25 seconds later:

Hi, Maria, this is Hugh. Sorry about that.

I've already filled it, Hugh.

Filled it? I told you I would call you back within 4 minutes.

I know, but I had to keep moving on.

Anybody ever notice that SS and TCs move at warp speed when filling assignents, and like geriatric sloths when sending out dox?

Reply by ToniK on 1/22/13 7:45pm
Msg #451584

She could have said dont bother!!! lol

But when I take calls in closings, I ask location, time and fee. Then I accept or decline.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/22/13 7:50pm
Msg #451585

"Anybody ever notice that SS and TCs move at warp speed when filling assignents, and like geriatric sloths when sending out dox?"

I've not had that experience yet (the pivotal word of this sentence...I wish we could bold or italicize our text) but I agree with ToniK.

I always ask location, time, fee, and then address that if I don't have documents within a timely fashion that is up to my discretion, they can have the assignment back.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/22/13 7:52pm
Msg #451586

I don't normally discuss assignments when I'm in a closing. Since this was a regular, I figured I was safe with a callback.

Reply by ArtG/KS on 1/22/13 9:03pm
Msg #451594

Ive seen this a few times over the years. I have called back in less 2 minutes only to discover they found someone else. I notice of late that citi - docs are almost always slow or even late.

I have also had it happen that two different schedulers have phoned me for the same signing usually less than 30 minutes between the two calls. When that happens, I tell the second scheduler "Yes I'll accept it again"!!! Now I have to lift up this curious question, what if I said no to the second scheduler after Ive said yes to the first one. If I'm swamped, I may have to try that sometime and see what happens.

On other occasions Ive been scheduled for the same signing right along with another NSA. When I confirm that with the borrower is when I discover that someone else has called to confirm the appointment too. Then I phone the scheduler to find out what is going on. Only one time in 12 years, I got assigned with another NSA and we were scheduled by two different companies!!! Go figure that one out.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/22/13 9:27pm
Msg #451599

Art, I had that one happen the other day.

SS called me and I accepted. 15 minutes later SS called me from another area code which I didn't have programmed in my phone. I answered, "Hello, this is Ryan. How can I help you today?" He was calling to see if I could take a closing on the same date and time which I had agreed to 15 minutes prior.

Fortunately, I recognized the guy's name and asked, "Is this XYZ SS?" Why yes, yes it is! "I just accepted a job from you for the exact date and time you are currently quoting me. Double check your system and see if that job has 'disappeared', please." Oh, I'm not showing that job in my system anymore. Sorry to disturb you. "Hold on a moment. Check your file id and let me know if the client was named ABC." Let me check the file id I wrote down...why yes, yes it is, and I see you... (he trailed off here) Excellent! Thank you so much! *click*

I'm with you. Go figure that one out!

Reply by 101livescan on 1/22/13 9:24pm
Msg #451597

Impetuous it seems. Think you need to make a wellness call...

Reply by MikeC/TX on 1/22/13 11:04pm
Msg #451614

"Anybody ever notice that SS and TCs move at warp speed when filling assignents, and like geriatric sloths when sending out dox?"

Or when processing payments...

Reply by Clem/CA on 1/23/13 1:54am
Msg #451626

The different side

Had a TC call, said no, booked,

2 mins a SS called, same job, said no, booked'

4 mins later a second SS calls, same job, still booked.

They give um back too!!! LOL

Reply by Linda_in_MI on 1/23/13 6:12am
Msg #451630

TC/SS didn't wait-while on phone gave to another

It's a call center mentality. I had a SS call me one morning for an assignment later that evening. While I was on the phone working out details and getting info before accepting the assignment, I could hear others in the background on the phones making calls. The next thing I know is I was told,"hmmmm, I was just handed a note that we found a notary for this assignment. Sorry."

Reply by 101livescan on 1/23/13 8:47am
Msg #451650

Hugh, funny you mention this. I was in a signing, got a call, can you do this signing tomorrow at noon, before I could reply, they offered me $50 more, over and above my $150 usual fee, to get it done. I guess two other notaries failed to be able to print documents from their site, and Chase had to regenerate with Saturday's date. Rate lock was expiring yesterday! Actually, all the files I signed on Saturday had rate locks expiring yesterday.

I attended the signing, $200 for a Saturday signing. I wasn't even that busy, only four others before and after. It was a nice little bonus for me to work on Saturday when I should have been resting after a hectic week.

But I have had them call me, I say I'll call back, and when I do, "sorry, we found someone already". Kind of a blow. Wow, it's like a lottery sometimes, isn't it? Probably will only get worse. I would make sure to get by there with a plate of cookies, darling, and remember yourself to them, more better.

Reply by MikeNot on 1/23/13 10:12am
Msg #451672

Never run into this problem. This is where COMMUNICATION is key in running your business. My escrow officers always know to email me the signing request this way if I'm in a signing I can reply to them quickly. The beauty of the Iphone is you can set your phone where you can read a partial email even if your phone is in lock.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.