Notary Rotary
David Baca and wonderful Notary Rotary
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Patti Corcoran on 1/2/13 10:44pm
Msg #448584

I accepted an assignment from him this afternoon while in my car. Didn't get home until 7:30PM, ate, then started looking for the docs for this assignment. But, I kept thinking, "where have I heard that name before?" So I did a search and sure enough, I had read bad news about him right here on NotRot. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to keep us updated. Needless to say, I wrote him back and declined his assignment.

Reply by 101livescan on 1/2/13 11:11pm
Msg #448587

Wow, just like the old western days, more bad guys out there than good guys...Shucks.

Glad you figured it out!

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/2/13 11:38pm
Msg #448589

Had real heart palpitations ....

when I saw your post and at first feared you got suckered into a Dave "No Pay" Baca signing. Thank goodness you did a search and shipped it back to the bum!

That's your Christmas present from NR. And Happy New Year, Patti!

Thanks for posting!

Reply by MikeIL on 1/3/13 12:12am
Msg #448590

Re: Had real heart palpitations ....

What is his company name?

Thanks

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/3/13 12:23am
Msg #448594

It's Mobile Signing

Reply by Elaine Carlton on 1/3/13 11:58am
Msg #448656

I have been waiting for payment from Dave for a signing I did in October. I checked out his rating on this site and found out a lot of notaries have had a hard time getting paid from him.
I sent him a an email and resent my invoice along with what I would do if had not received payment with two week. He called be back right away and said he was sending payment out to me today. I will post when I get the payment.

I have been in this business for a long time. I have had trouble getting paid from some signing services. There are actions that can be taken against these companies that do not pay. We have rights. I mainly stick with working with signing companies where I am confident that I will be paid.
Once in a while a do a signing for a new company. If they don't pay me though, I report them and I know if I need to I can take them to court for a judgment against them.

On the brighter side lets hope we all have a good year and prompt payment for all of our work.

Reply by John K Cole on 4/19/13 9:54am
Msg #466344

I did a job for David Baca several months ago. When I had not received payment within 60 days I inquired. David emailed said the check was on the way. That is all I heard for months. Then he stopped responding to my emails. I finally called and someone on the other end said that David had given up management of the company and there was a big stack of checks that needed to be mailed sitting in a drawer.

I would urge notaries to STAY AWAY from companies like this. I'm not sure if Mr. Baca is still involved with the company - but I will never work with him again. Once is all it takes to lose my trust - and Mr. Baca cannot be trusted.

Reply by JMax on 8/1/13 8:11am
Msg #478852

I sent him an email too on 6/10/13 for a job that I did for him in December 2012 and his response was: "I’m sorry this has gone on so long and it is my intention to pay. I am not pursuing notaries anymore as I was digging a hole with all the redraws and high notary fees. I am getting some checks in from Escrow to cover most that I owe and will make up the rest from other income I generate, Whether you choose the legal action or not I will pay you what’s owed. My apologies for putting you in this position." Still no payment and I learned yesterday that one of my notary friends did a job for him in July so he is still suckering notaries to do work for him.

Reply by JMax on 8/10/13 9:56pm
Msg #480035

I was finally paid by JD Signing Services after I called the title company . They have the same address as Mobile Signing so I can safely assume that JD Signing Service is their new name. Presently there is nothing under their new name on the Notary Rotary website but that might change in the future.

Reply by ZoeyOR on 10/10/13 4:07pm
Msg #487667

Beware of David Baca (aka JD signings?)

Mr. Baca said he would pay me in August for a signing I did in Feb, still no pay and not holding my breath. He told me I put him out of business and he asked me if I felt good about that...
CREEP.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.