Notary Rotary
Docs dissapearing when downloading using Windows 7
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by leeinla on 1/18/13 2:30am
Msg #450974

I am trying to download docs to a flash drive using windows 7. When I right click with my mouse and I use the Save As feature the docs download but I don't know where they are on my hard drive. How do I save the docs to a flash drive on my machine?

Reply by VT_Syrup on 1/18/13 5:07am
Msg #450977

More information is needed. Where are the docs before you try to "download" them? Outlook? Gmail? Title company web site? If you are using a web browser at the time you "download", which one?

Reply by Barb25 on 1/18/13 7:38am
Msg #450984

Instead of Save depress the Open (I am assuming they are PDF files). When they Open go under file and do a save as: then save as PDF and choose the flash drive in the window left. (I usually click on Desktop because that is where I want them) you can name it also. That is where it will be saved. If you just download, it will be saved under downloads with the name of whatever it is called by the sender. (or it should be) In that case find it, open it and save it over.

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/18/13 7:42am
Msg #450985

Hijack--Windows 7 is a beast

Have had it for nearly a year and it still surprises me--not in a nice way. Would go back to XP except the new computer isn't compatible...isn't that a bear~~

Reply by Barb25 on 1/18/13 11:45am
Msg #451024

Re: Hijack--Windows 7 is a beast - Me too! n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 1/18/13 11:48am
Msg #451026

I love Win 7 - most intuitive OS ever made by MS n/m

Reply by Stoli on 1/18/13 1:52pm
Msg #451050

Go to the desktop, and click on the “Computer” icon.

Look on the left side of the screen for the “Downloads” folder.

Are your documents listed there?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.