Dont worry we can get this taken care of
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by ToniK on 1/22/13 7:06pm
Msg #451576

So I get a call today at 1145am and it went something like this:

Caller: Are you available this Friday at 6pm?
Me: Where?
Caller: S*****
Me: Yes I am.
Caller: Ok great, its a double loan. Im going to tell you what that means (you cant see me roll my eyes at this.). We have the primary loan and there is another loan for a second property that needs to be signed. We charge $90 for the first loan and we deduct $25 for travel since you will already be there. Since this is an investment, you must fax back critical's (she lists the critical docs) and we give you $10 for faxing. So the $90+75= $165 for this double loan.
Me: Sorry I can not accept this loan.
Caller: Sure no problem, we can definitely find someone who will accept out fee.
Me: Cool (caller hangs up)

At 5:51 pm I get a call from same company:

Caller: Hey Antoinette, are you available tomorrow at 2pm?
Me: Yes I am
Caller: May I ask you why you wouldnt take the double loan signing earlier?
Me: Because I get paid $200+ from other companies for double loan signings. $165 was too low especially during prime time.
Caller: Well we only pay $90 per loan. So would you accept $180 for the double loan signing?

I wanted so bad to say "well what happened to all the notaries who would accept your fees?

Well its pretty obvious they couldnt find anyone....

Reply by Jessica Ward on 1/23/13 11:23am
Msg #451690

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's hilarious. I've never been asked why... I always presumed it was as plain as day...

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/23/13 11:41am
Msg #451700

Soo - did you take it at $90 each or did they meet your fee? n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.