Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Even SS make mistakes, why not just admit it?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 1/3/13 12:50pm
Msg #448673

I got a confimation with no signing fee stated on it. I emailed asking that it be reissued with the fee. Several emails later I get one from the VP of Operations asking if I'm trying to get a printing fee - and oh by the way your signing fee is located down at the bottom etc. It wasn't there on the first confirmations, why not just say OK here is a confirmation with your signing fee shown correctly - thank you? Pages and pages about reducing our signing fee if we make a mistake and then try to hide an ommission by themselves which was easily corrected with no harm to anyone. We need the fee in writing if any problem arises and in every other case that's what happens.

Reply by ToniK on 1/3/13 1:02pm
Msg #448675

I dont work for companies who try to nickel and dime notaries. Any excuse to reduce fees.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 1/3/13 2:51pm
Msg #448698

The good ones will.

Like you said, everyone makes mistakes. When I have had that happen to me, the company has always sent out a new one right away and apologized for the mistake. No harm, no foul, it was an honest mistake.

If they are that difficult to deal with for such a simple mistake that they made (we don't create the confirmations that are sent to ourselves), how much more difficult will they be when it comes time to pay the NSA, of if there are issues receiving the docs on time, or any other issue?

BTW, "...VP of Operations asking if I'm trying to get a printing fee..." -- if the docs are edocs - DUH! You bet I have added a print fee in my quote. With this particular company and the situation as you described, I would have turned the job back to them and also told them (again, if edocs) that it seems they might be trying to get out of paying a print fee and that more than one phone call or email to receive a corrected confirmation from them for a simple oversight on their part is too much hassle and too unprofessional for me to accept signings from them.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/3/13 3:10pm
Msg #448700

Re: The good ones will.

Couldn't agree more. If they're acting like that just to have an agreed upon fee confirmed in writing, I can't imagine how they would react if there were some kind of issue. Red flag...

When you're new, you may be willing to put up with some of this out of necessity, but I strongly urge continually working on upgrading your clientele as you gain more experience to weed out the bad actors. There are plenty out there who don't operate that way, but it's a process that will take some time, depending on where you're located.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.