Notary Rotary
FASS Quality Issues
Notary Discussion History

FASS Quality Issues
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by housemouse on 1/28/13 3:47pm
Msg #452753

FASS Quality Issues

Is it just me or is anyone else getting quality issues for next checking a box on Page 2 of the VA Addedum part V.. this is nuts.....I cannot study every form at the closing table, some of the boxes are checked already, so how are we supposed to know what needs to be checked? Seems like everything closing I have donbe, they are really looking for every box to be cked or not. they do not pay very well to start with, have to spend time going over every page after closing and still they find something new to mark as an error, anyone else noticeing this trend with them

Reply by A S Johnson on 1/28/13 4:04pm
Msg #452757

1st company I wroked for in 2000. They were very good then.
The "White Glove" issues were stupid and you were at the mercy of some who you could not ask "why" the issue was brought up.
Now the are a bunch of .....

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/28/13 4:13pm
Msg #452760

" they do not pay very well to start with..."

That should be a clue right there. FASS is a bunch of nit-picky hand holders who don't value your work. IMO, they aren't worth the effort for the most part. There are a couple a minor exceptions to that, but those assignments filter through a different process.

Reply by Karla/OR on 1/28/13 4:47pm
Msg #452773

I'm really surprised to see these posts. FASS gives me lots of work and they are my favorite to work for - I would love to do nothing but their signings - they have been more than fair with me! Most generally I get the fee I ask for ($1XX to $XXX depending on travel time) and their customer service people have always been good to me when calling or receiving calls from them.

I am with you on the quality issues thing though - I have been guilty of some but not of others and you are right, you can't get a copy of the error to defend yourself. You just have to accept it.

I choose not to be a "White Glove" notary with them because my rates are higher than what their "White Glove" notaries get.

Sorry you are having issues with them.

Reply by Barb25 on 1/28/13 8:17pm
Msg #452808

Money can be good.. But:

Yes, Karla is correct... You have the White Glove thing correct. Quite frankly, unless you have been given instructions with the docs at least the first time about the VA form, I would dispute the Quality Issue. After you have done one or two, you know to look for it and that you should get it checked. Some teams at FirstAm give instruction sheets. Some are a disaster. No instructions, they can't be held accountable. Right?

There is one team specifically that is out of control with these Quality Issues. And yet they constantly deliver docs that set you up for failure. I have gotten docs with 3 sets of revisions in the package. Now I send them back and tell them I won't take responsibility. Fix them and send them to me again. Not my job to "guess".

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/29/13 12:00am
Msg #452857

Hear, hear, Barb. This sort of QC is way beyond our

pay grade...

Reply by HSH/WA on 1/28/13 4:54pm
Msg #452775

Re: Sorry you are having problems with them

but they pay my asking price $XXX in usually a few weeks. I like getting calls from them and they are a big chunk of my business. I don't try to do the white glove thing. I have not had them come back on a missed box (for the most part I expect the forms to be filled out) seeing as how I am strictly the notary (no the LO).

Reply by BossLadyMD on 1/28/13 5:59pm
Msg #452785

Ahhh...those white gloves again...

I left them in 2011 when they accused me of not updating their website fast enough. Well excuse me for going to 2 appointments after I was done with yours.

Reply by laurielnc on 1/28/13 6:13pm
Msg #452786

Re: Ahhh...those white gloves again...

Yes, I've done 23 signings for them and did one in an ice storm Fri. Forgot to sign-in in 4 hours and got the quality issue. I know they don't know what's going on but it is hurtful to be treated that way. Told them what happened and told them to take me off their call list. Just done with them. Only call me when signings are at least an hour away. Only meet my fee when they are desperate.

Reply by Barb25 on 1/28/13 8:25pm
Msg #452810

You know Laurel you are so right But

that can be okay. Treat it like a business. They are not your friends. There is no loyalty. Don't go the extra yard. They will never remember and appreciate you for it. Play by their rules They are desparate. Give them your fee. If the need is there. They will pay it. Just Business. We don't have to love everyone we do business with. They pay one time. It's hard not to let your personal feelings take over. But why throw the baby out with the bath water.

Just a thought. BTW, it has taken me 11 years of working with them to get to feel that way and I still have my moments.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.