Notary Rotary
First time for me...
Notary Discussion History

First time for me...
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Jennifer Jackson on 1/11/13 3:53am
Msg #449892

First time for me...

I've heard it from others on this site, but this was a first time for me. I did a signing for a company and when I got the docs, there was 171 pages and a note saying they needed faxbacks...okay, fool me once. Same SS called me yesterday for the same TC and I told them my fee would increase because of the number of docs that are included and the fax backs. They told me that they have "plenty" of other notaries in their database that would do it for the original fee. I then declined the signing and later found a voicemail from them asking if I was still available for the new signing. UMM, NO. I didn't even return the call. The original order was not even my going rate and this was a company I had never did a signing for before...well, now I know.

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/11/13 6:42am
Msg #449894

Posting this doesn't add anything to prevent this company from taking advantage of others.
They need to be named. Unless, of course, you're just letting everyone know you've learned to believe in what others have to say in Signing Central, where I do hope you added a very low rating.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 1/11/13 6:47am
Msg #449895

I agree with Lee. The names of both the SS and the TC would be helpful to others.

I also agree with Lee about posting comments in SC. I guess either their database was not as large as they claimed (it hardly ever is) or perhaps they tried to burn other NSA's in your area and they caught on, just as you have.

Reply by Jennifer Jackson on 1/13/13 12:43am
Msg #450169

Notary Direct was the company. I prefer not to name the TC because I work for them through directly and they meet my fees. I have done other signings for them and negotiated my fee and it worked. Now that I looked them up in signing central, I think I will continue to pass on their calls. They don't realize (or they just don't care) that it is the SA that is making this happen ultimately. The printing, the traveling, the time spent signing...it is not worth anything under $100.00 and that is on the light side.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/11/13 8:50am
Msg #449907

My fee, and I suspect the fee of virtually every experienced signing agent, is established based on industry norms. When, in the course of putting a signing together, something exceeds industry norms, then I am justified in requiring a renegotiation of the fee. Change the signing venue to something far more distant, you need to pay me more. Dump a huge signing packet on me, add a second loan, require more than the minimum faxbacks, add an extraordinary number of signers, two with POAs, and you owe me more money.

The hiring party should know all those things in advance of the original fee agreement. The NSA does not, and cannot query about every possibility that would affect tje fee. If the hiring party does not know in advance of circumstances impacting the standard fee, then they should be prepared to renegotiate once the circumstances are apparent.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.