Notary Rotary
Former Signing Registry Members
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 1/9/13 10:18am
Msg #449586

Just curious, how many of you are former SR members. I know about 25 that I can recall. I am just wondering, besides those who have passed on like PAW, how many are still performing NSA work and on this board. I didn't keep the directory in my PC. Art/KS, do you have that membership directory? Any one else?

Reply by HisHughness on 1/9/13 10:28am
Msg #449588

I was a member, but after the first few months did not actively participate.

Reply by Treasure Valley Notary - Tina on 1/9/13 10:33am
Msg #449590

Cheryl I was a member too. Seems like ages ago. I'm now in my ninth year of being a NSA. Wow. Time goes marching on. I don't have my membership directory either. But I still have the wonderful training manual. It was my lifesaver at times.

Reply by Les_CO on 1/9/13 10:38am
Msg #449592

I too was a member

I think Sylvia has that info, however she is under the weather now, and facing surgery, so may not be online often.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/9/13 10:42am
Msg #449593

I was as well, though more toward the end.

I'll bet Harry has the roster... since NotRot purchased the domain and the rights.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 1/9/13 10:45am
Msg #449594

I am still around. Remembering that great get together that

several of us had in LasVegas a few years back.
Sure miss the TSR board.
My memory is not what it used to be, but , as I recall , Harry (notrot) kind of took over the TSR . He may have the last membership list.
Not sure if Kathy is still in the biz, but you might want to contact her.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/9/13 10:45am
Msg #449596

I was a member too...took the test for their

certification.

Unfortunately the activity there dropped off considerably so I let my membership lapse - honestly cannot say I got any work from it either. It was just a good community.

Reply by Shelly_FL on 1/9/13 12:54pm
Msg #449631

I'll second that, and still closing. n/m

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 1/9/13 10:48am
Msg #449598

I was a member.

As were my friends Barbara Digianni, Kelly Robertson, Joellen King and Margaret (can't remember her last name) Kelly and Joellen still work as NSAs. We were all on the cruise. While I was on the cruise, my mother passed away. I remember I got home, booked a flight to Kennedy and my family and I booked a red eye to NY.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/9/13 11:02am
Msg #449602

By the time I joined (about 7 years ago) the site

was down for over a year. I never got anything from my membership, and was sorry that I had missed the opportunity. I do understand it was definitely one of the best sites around.

Reply by Roger_OH on 1/9/13 11:07am
Msg #449604

I'm one of the SR originals - still around... n/m

Reply by ToniK on 1/9/13 12:01pm
Msg #449616

Im a former SR member.

Didnt participate in the discussions. I was new.

Reply by Teri_PA on 1/9/13 12:10pm
Msg #449618

I was one of the charter members...although I was very, very quiet....I am still doing this full time...It was very definitely a knowlegeable group....Too bad Kathy couldn't get it to become profitable for her...

Reply by A S Johnson on 1/9/13 12:18pm
Msg #449619

Funny thing, I just saw the file my certificate of training completion for the course taught by the lady out of Memphis, Tenn when she was the sold owner, before PAW.
By the way i'm in Weatherford Texas

Reply by Julie/MI on 1/9/13 12:31pm
Msg #449622

I was a charter member and still closing

a

Reply by Julie/MI on 1/9/13 12:36pm
Msg #449624

My favorite poster from NASA/GMN was janet Lynch CA

Oh my goodness she was the Dr. laura of the business I remember she said it's not about how much you know (for those of us former title people) but just about obtaining the signatures.

Reply by Julie/MI on 1/9/13 12:41pm
Msg #449628

Actually a tie janet lynch and Sue/PA :)

Smile

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/9/13 1:17pm
Msg #449635

Re: Actually a tie janet lynch and Sue/PA :)

I was a not very active member for a while, too. But you named two of my favorite posters and two of the people from whom I probably learned the most.

Reply by Teri_PA on 1/9/13 2:53pm
Msg #449648

I was fortunate enough to live close enough to Sue/PA to not be competition, but close enough to see each other and become friends. She taught me so much...and still does...

Reply by linda/ca on 1/10/13 1:54am
Msg #449735

Hi, Teri PA, You said that Sue PA still help you, is she still in this line of business? I remember Sue/PA and loved her post, however, for some reason I don't recall Janet Lynch of Ca., unless she used a different name.

Reply by Teri_PA on 1/10/13 9:12am
Msg #449764

Yes, Sue/PA is still doing this and has been doing it for a long, long time. We became good friends and now help each other. Many of the experienced people that have been around for a long, long time, still know each other and keep in touch....with advice, friendship, and caring.
Janet Lynch was a wealth of information and practical advice.

Reply by linda/ca on 1/10/13 8:00pm
Msg #449865

Thanks, Teri/PA, good for Sue and Janet! n/m

Reply by Jon_PA on 1/9/13 12:47pm
Msg #449630

I was a member. I learned the basics from the MNSR Professional Skills Training Guide.
Still signing full-time.

Reply by Doris_CO on 1/9/13 1:09pm
Msg #449632

I became a member a few years before it was shut down.

Reply by Teri_PA on 1/9/13 2:56pm
Msg #449649

Amazing how many of us came out of the woodwork on that post

So many memories...and so many incredible signing agents, who helped build this into a profession that was respected.

Reply by Richard Ingram on 1/9/13 3:33pm
Msg #449665

Re: Amazing how many of us came out of the woodwork on that post

I was a member for several years. Passed the cert test which really had some meat to it and miss the good contacts. I am in North Alabama.

Reply by ArtG/KS on 1/9/13 6:01pm
Msg #449685

Unfortunately I don't have the list either and having had a life membership, I guess I should have asked for the roster. Kathy Poston might still have a copy but even hers might not be up to date. She backed away from the SR about two years before we lost PAW. I just left Kathy a voice mail and will see if she still has it. Kathy actually started the SR.

Reply by Leslie_Mo on 1/9/13 6:32pm
Msg #449689

I was a member also and considered the training manual my bible. Kathy was great to talk with and very helpful to a new notary with questions. I'm in my 9th year and this is my one and only job.

Reply by DonR_NYC on 1/9/13 7:23pm
Msg #449690

I too am/was a Charter Member of the Signing Registry and go back to the old National Association of Signing Agents; before the Pence's sold it to the NNA. The SR was born from the members of NASA when it didn't meet our needs. I was also the editor of the SR newsletter; "The Signer".

No longer doing signings as they pretty much dried up in NYC a few years ago. Now selling real estate but do pop up here now and then.

Reply by 101livescan on 1/9/13 8:26pm
Msg #449700

Well, see, this was a nice little walk down memory lane. Some others who've not responded: Maureen Robinson, New Hampshire, was on the cruise, as was Peaches Veatch, Perris, CA, my cabin mate. Joan Bergstrom, Riverside CA, whom I met on the cruise on the way off the ship in San Pedro...for three days she was mingling and I was spa'ing. Don't know how we missed talking to each other until the last day. I'm sure there are more out there, who survived the Titanic, if you will, the housing bubble implosion.

So these are the savvy people, in this thread who've stuck it out, thick and thin over the last 10 years, and we made it to the other side. All you new people out there, these are the veterans of this business and the mentors you can count on for sage advice. If it's happened, it's happened to us. We're the pioneers of the NSA world, which had never been heard of until the passage of the Graham Blaley Act. I wonder how many people understand how that created our new careers around 2000.

I want to salute Signing Registry, its founders and PAW who drove it, we wouldn't be where we are today without this foundation. And I salute Harry for carrying it forward for us in his acquisition of the SR intelligence. This is how PAW will march on in our hearts and our minds. He left a wealth of information and advice for us. I am very grateful for all the friendships and comraderie of SR members before it ceased operation and then onto NR.

Many have tried, unsuccessfully, to duplicate the SR (and NR), it was unique as was its membership, the membership fees were modest for the level of knowledge and expertise available. Like NR, I didn't get that much business from the SR, but that was not why I was a member. The level of trust, confidence and knowledge was incredibly vested in this group's members. I have missed it terribly.

Thank you SR family for still being around to make invaluable contributions to this forum.

Happy New Year to One and All!

Reply by Teri_PA on 1/9/13 8:51pm
Msg #449704

Maureen Robinson is alive and well in New Hampshire. She is still doing signings. Sue-PA and I met her for lunch a few years ago in Lancaster. She travels once a month...
Kathy was the visionary for the Signing Registry...The problem was she needed to make a living...and the model was one of trust and sharing....helping...
I, too, was a charter and life long member...I never got much business from the group..but made some super friends..Julie/MI, Sue/PA, DebK/CO (who only does this every once in a while nowadays)...and a whole host of acquaintances (Brenda/TX), Maureen/NH, Bobbi/CT, Ardel/AK....and the list goes on and on and on and on...
It was a wonderful group.....and I do miss the cammaraderie..Deb K. in CO tried to duplicate it...but, it never quite happened...
Thanks Cheryl for opening memory lane....I still go by the handle Teri/PA even though I am in NJ now (don't know how to change it) and I still have my commission in PA, in addition to NJ...even do some PA closings...It is rare for one to have commissions in two states...The differences are incredible...and I'll probably be adding NY to it too...
Thank you everyone for your wisdom and support in the early years...I remember Susan Pense's board and learned a lot from her and everyone....and I have survived and thrived in the 15+ years I've been doing this full time! It amazes me...that I could make something like this a full time business.....Contacts, marketing, knowledge, and professionalism, and commitment, and we all will thrive...

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/9/13 9:22pm
Msg #449709

Yep...I was there for a few years. n/m

Reply by Janet Philamalee on 1/9/13 11:28pm
Msg #449721

I was a member as well. n/m

Reply by Fredrica Fowle on 1/10/13 2:02am
Msg #449736

Re: Yep...I was there for a few years.

I was a Charter Member of the Signing Register as well as a NASA member.

Reply by linda/ca on 1/10/13 2:16am
Msg #449737

Hey, you guys, what about CaliNotary? I often think about him. Although he used too much foul language he was without a doubt one of the most knowledgeable of all. Definitely the most entertaining! LOL

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/10/13 5:07am
Msg #449744

CaliNotary is well. I keep up with him. :) n/m

Reply by linda/ca on 1/10/13 7:54pm
Msg #449861

Thanks, Brenda, good to hear CaliNotary is well. n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/10/13 7:58pm
Msg #449864

You're welcome! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.