Notary Rotary
Global Notary??
Notary Discussion History

Global Notary??
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by COpink on 1/18/13 11:25am
Msg #451017

Global Notary??

I read SC and the reviews are kind of all over the place. I can deal with the calling and faxbacks. But tell me, do they pay?

Reply by ToniK on 1/18/13 11:42am
Msg #451021

I never had a problem in the past getting paid within 45 days. They are lowballers though but will pay higher fees if they cant find anyone. I took a signing from them during the xmas time so we shall see. My last record of doing a signing with them was 10/28/2011 paid 11/1/2011; 11/11/2011 paid 12/11/2011.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 1/18/13 11:42am
Msg #451022

Yes, I haven't had any problem getting paid. And they will pay 1$$ if they have to.

Reply by Pam/NM on 1/18/13 11:55am
Msg #451028

Stick to your fees. They will "get it approved" and call you back. They pay about 45 days. Think of them as "Nations Direct Lite." Easier to work with, but still the calls and faxbacks.

Reply by Karla/OR on 1/18/13 12:40pm
Msg #451032

They have paid me very well for the few I have done for them, didn't have to chase the money, and were appreciative of my work. I agree with Amy's post, stick to your fees.

Reply by COpink on 1/18/13 1:15pm
Msg #451038

Thanks for the input everyone!

Reply by MW/VA on 1/18/13 1:49pm
Msg #451047

FKA Nations Direct. I don't work for these low-ballers. n/m

Reply by Ronnie_WA on 1/18/13 2:19pm
Msg #451059

They want you to wait 30 minutes for late borrowers

Doesn't work for me.

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 1/22/13 2:29pm
Msg #451539

I still work for them. They will pay your fee IF they cannot find anyone else. They're not to bad with fax backs. I have never had a problem getting paid from them, I can actually count on their checks being on time. If you do work this month, the check will go out the last day of next month. You have to wait a bit, but that check is always there. Good Luck.

Reply by Christine Allies, Allies Business Services on 2/27/13 5:39pm
Msg #458263

I am sure there are many professional NSA's who do work for this company so I am not 'bashing' you, however, I have just had an NSA hired by Global Notary handle a refi on my own home. This person arrived wearing his regular work shirt from his full time job, logo and name on the T-Shirt. First let me say that I am in California and Notary Law is very specific. Here is the list of things I took issue with:
1) He made 1 single journal entry for each signer and did not indicate which docs had been notarized. This is illegal in CA, you have to do 1 journal entry for each document notarized for each signer.
2) He did not attach the CA Ack/jurats to the docs, just stamped and signed whatever language the lender had on the paperwork. Again Illegal for docs notarized in CA for a property to be recorded in CA.
3) He stamped and signed all the certificates BEFORE we signed the documents.
4) He did not administer an oath for any of the Jurats
5) When I explained that I was an NSA he got an attitude and said he has been doing loans for 11 years and just did what the lender told him
6) I printed out a stack of correct CA Ack and Jurats for him to use for our documents and he REFUSED to use them and told me that my loan would not fund if he didn't sign the banks notary certs. Again, incorrect !
7) He stamped and signed 6 Jurats/Ack where there were no documents attached 'so that the lender could use them for what they wanted" Illegal !

I am appalled, especially as he completely disregarded CA Govt Code after I had tried to discuss the implications with him. He was in my home for approx 30 mins with a stack of 160 pgs and 2 signers, and could not wait to get out, very unprofessional.

I have written an email to my lender to complain and detailed all the illegal acts he committed and I plan on filing a complaint to the Secretary of State. These are the kinds of NSA's that do not belong in our business and bring the reputation of all of us down. Unfortunately, most unsuspecting borrowers are not familiar with notary law and think that these NSA's know what they are doing. No wonder they are accepting $60 signings and detroying our industry.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.