Notary Rotary
Going to fight EOM no doc losses
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 1/26/13 5:14pm
Msg #452431

Every EOM I have at least one no doc cost me a prime time signing that I turned away other singings for because the time slot was taken. On the EOM day if I still have appointments with no docs and I get another call with dos I will take the appointment with docs and turn back the no doc appointment (as long as it is not one of my big SSs). Seems fair but not right - what do you think?

Reply by CarolF/NC on 1/26/13 5:23pm
Msg #452432

Seems fair and right to me n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/26/13 5:31pm
Msg #452434

IMO that depends on your terms..

I tell companies I need docs minimum 2 hours prior to closing appointment - so technically, to me, I wouldn't feel it's right to do anything with the booked time until we're in that 2-hour window of time. And I don't want to double-book. And any company calling me 2 hours or less before a certain time is going to have to reschedule that signing for a later time anyway since I probably won't make it (location-dependent).

Now, if we hit the 2-hour window and still no docs, then to me all bets are off. Thankfully my schedule isn't so crammed that THAT's an issue.

JMO

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/26/13 7:31pm
Msg #452442

I had one of those today. I filled it with call backs about my regular business. I did a title xfer with AoD on a veh, a title xfer with BoS on a boat, and an Affidavit to drop charges for D.V. that needs to be filed with DA Monday AM. That's my second one of those Affs this week which kind of concerns me for my constituents... Each one of these was 20 a pop except the Aff which I had to draft (35)

Mostly I proceed the same way as you though. If no docs 2 hrs prior, find another notary cause I'm not playing the waiting game for a company to get their act together. I'm trying to be professional and profitable; I'm not trying to be someone's friend. I have enough of those.

Reply by JimAZ on 1/26/13 11:10pm
Msg #452462

In December I got so upset with late and no docs (Chase) from one of my favorite customers that I went over the line with my strong complaints. All it got me was a 30 day suspension from assignments. Lesson learned is I can run and control my business, but I can't control my customer's business. Future approach is no docs,,,nothing to sign. Let the borrower know and move on with what's best for my business.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/27/13 6:41am
Msg #452467

Thanks for posting that Jim. Sounds like you experienced a hard lesson that we can ALL learn from. The reality is that these companies don't care about our problems or frustrations - I think you have the right approach for the future. If no docs, just move on and that means you may no longer be available when docs DO come in, and TC will have to find someone else. But your story illustrates that companies don't want to hear our complaints. If we need to turn a job back, just do so with a "sorry I am no longer available" and move on.

Reply by ToniK on 1/27/13 12:38am
Msg #452464

Well for me I don't accept work from companies that are notorious for late docs. If docs are late, I just let them know the two options available to them; 1) will be placed last after all signings or 2) they will have to find someone else.

If I have docs for all my other signings, I'm not sitting by a computer waiting for docs. I'm out there getting work done.

Also I no longer do Chase loans. They are always late and when you get to the table there are always problems. Like Sweet Brown says "Ain't nobody got time for that" lol

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.