Notary Rotary
Got paid for nothing. Local signing but BO wants to sign
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 1/12/13 9:56pm
Msg #450159

out of state. I got the assignment, confirmed with the BO and found that the property was here but she was back east. I told the SC "too far to drive" (lol) and forgot about it. No printing, one phone call. The full amount of check came and I could not figure out want it was for until I saw the address of the property. Some SSs surprise you.

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/12/13 10:39pm
Msg #450160

Bet they screwed up & somewhere there's a notary

who is missing a check.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 1/12/13 11:55pm
Msg #450166

Are you saying that you are keeping the check???? n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/13/13 8:41am
Msg #450174

I think the courteous thing to do is call company and

let them know and return the check. I agree, somewhere there's a notary looking for their money.

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/13/13 10:40am
Msg #450186

If you have enough info

you can go to county recording website (if it exists), find the document that was recorded, locate the notary's name, and give him or her a head's up. I might do it just because I would appreciate it if someone else would do that for me...Busy A/P clerk may tend to lay things like that in a stack and wait until they get their rountuits.

Reply by emilysigns on 1/13/13 1:03pm
Msg #450199

I agree that is likely an error. They probably intended to pay the other notary and when that person calls in looking for their missing payment, they will realize that you received it instead.

I would suggest you do your fellow notary a solid and call the company to let them know there has been an error so they can correct the problem and pay the right person.

If you do call and turns out that they did intend to pay you, then all is good and you look like a great, upstanding guy for making the call.

Reply by 101livescan on 1/13/13 5:54pm
Msg #450223

I agree....one good turn deserves another.

Reply by Karla/OR on 1/14/13 1:02am
Msg #450279

Agree with others that it may or may not be a mistake. This just recently happened to me - had been waiting for a check to cover three different signings for the same BO in November and December of 2012. Received an e-mail just this week from the SS saying my check was sent to a notary in Illinois in error by their accounting people - I'm in Oregon. Apparently the notary questioned receiving the check and I received the check shortly thereafter.

I hope it's not a mistake and you get to keep it!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.