Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
HP-2430 - Orion Printers saved me again.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Stoli on 1/18/13 1:57pm
Msg #451054

I finally contacted Orion Printers for technical support. I was using a USB cable, and he asked that I switch to an Ethernet cable. He logged into my computer, configured the port, and the printer is working fine.

I was hoping the printer would be more ‘plug and play’.

Thanks for the response.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/18/13 2:01pm
Msg #451055

How interesting that you post shortly after Renee's Msg #451027 also today. Same coin, 2 sides.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/18/13 4:50pm
Msg #451079

Re: Renee's post about the hang-up, when the printer locks up and just says "processing"... I've had a 2430 for about 3 years, I think, and I had that problem fairly frequently when I first got it. Some where along the line, I adjusted the back of tray two, which I use for legal paper (I just pulled it out a little bit more, when adjusting the fit to the paper), then reinstalled it. The problem seemed to go away. (On my second tray, when you expand it to legal paper size, that adjustment seems to be a little bit loose, i.e. it doesn't click firmly into place when extended.)

I know, it makes absolutely no sense. But it even reduced this problem for the big 3rd tray, in which I have legal paper. I can go for months without having any problems with it. (BTW, when it happens, I do exactly what Renee described. This was never a frequent occurrence for me - and usually happened after business hours, so I never bothered calling about it. Also got this one refurbished for pretty cheap.) Don't know if this will help anyone else, but I figured it was worth mentioning - and it costs nothing to try.

I may look into getting an Ethernet connection, but memory doesn't seem to have ever been a problem for me - and I've never added any.

Reply by Gregory/CA on 1/18/13 2:59pm
Msg #451063

That's great news, Stoli. Glad your up and running. n/m

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 1/18/13 8:56pm
Msg #451126

Re: That's great news, Stoli. Glad your up and running.

The tech guys at Orion are wonderful..Glad they could help you!

Reply by SunnyCA on 3/16/13 3:45pm
Msg #461594

Re: That's great news, Stoli. Glad your up and running.

Thanks to this forum and the positive feedback about Orion, I ordered a refurb HP4250DTN from them which arrived this week. Great price and great tech support. It works like a champ, automatically pulling legal/letter and is very quiet. Price including shipping, extra tray and cartridge was $421.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.