Notary Rotary
Had to replace my all in one machine a couple of months
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by ME/NJ on 1/17/13 1:48pm
Msg #450865

ago, I love the new one has everything. The one thing I do not like is the way it goes through toner I am lucky to get 5 packages out before I need to replace it and it seems to have chips on the toner that shut it down when it gets to very low point. This month is only half way over and I have gone through 8 cartridges already.

Plus side is docs will never come out bad because toner ran out. I would hate it if I had to buy OEM ones at 90 a clip. I would be broke.

Reply by Laurily on 1/17/13 1:57pm
Msg #450867

Curious-what is the name brand of the machine-it isn't Brother is it???

Reply by ME/NJ on 1/17/13 2:53pm
Msg #450873

HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dn

Great machine, OEM toners well over 100 dollar mark. I pay about 15-16 buy 4-5 at a clip. Plus the seller is great when I get bad ones and sends replacements right away.

Reply by jojo_MN on 1/17/13 2:54pm
Msg #450874

Have you tried changing the settings in print setup to 200 or 300 dpi. It might be currently set at 600+ and photo quality. If you change it to "general" or "draft" and change the dpi lower, you will find that your toner should last twice as long. Also, many other notaries have covered a window on the cartridge with tape so you can extend the life of the cartridge. (I haven't tried this myself).

You also might want to try another supplier. My preference is Tonerpirate.com. They usually deliver within a couple days. Have never had problems with them. Some notaries refill their own cartridges, but I prefer not to myself.

Hope these suggestions work!

Reply by ME/NJ on 1/17/13 3:01pm
Msg #450878

Won't refill anymore, what a mess it causes sometime. There is a computer chip on each toner it must monitor the cartridge, even the knock offs have them. My old one I could get 6-8 before I needed to change it out.

The used ones still feel good, must be a way to bypass the chip.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 1/17/13 2:54pm
Msg #450875

ME/NJ - see PM n/m

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 1/17/13 3:00pm
Msg #450877

i have mentioned this in prior posts , but will repeat for

those who may have missed it.
When replacing a machine, you might consider buying from a dealer of that brand, as
opposed to a big box store, etc.
Many dealers also service the machines that they sell.
I negotiated a deal when I bought each of my printers to provide toner and in-home service on a contract. Total cost is less than a penny a page.
I have a low per page cost for toner and in-home serv ice.
I send them a page count at the end of the month and they provide toner and service as needed.
This way I have a known cost per page, and do not worry about printing appraisals, etc.
Not worth my time and effort to re-fill toners. I get original manufacturer's toner, which is better for the machine and quality of print.
I have printed in excess of 650K on one machine and over 200K on the newer, high spped
Both are running like a top and I have long ago recovered to cost of acquistion.
Machines are refurbished with new parts as needed.
You might want to check it out with a local office supply dealer.

Reply by OR on 1/18/13 9:53am
Msg #451005

Re: I have the same printer I love love love mine

Have don't have that proublem. I get a lot of page/printing per cartridge, what ever the box says and more some times. I get at least what I have gotten with any other HP printer or more. I have mine printind set at 300 DPIs. I would call tec support and see what they can do or return it for another printer. It just maybe your machine has a glich.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.