Notary Rotary
Home Signings
Notary Discussion History

Home Signings
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Andrea Wisniewski on 1/10/13 7:24pm
Msg #449858

Home Signings

Do not do business with this company. This is ridiculous. Here is what happened to me.
I took a last minute signing for Saturday October 27, 2012 . They begged me to go out late on a Saturday. The agreed upon fee was $110. So I did it. It was completed after 5pm, so I left the home after the last known pick up time for a Saturday. I was going to drop on Monday. Hurricane Sandy hit that Monday. Nothing was going out of my area. There was no overnight service. So, being a nice person, I called both the signing service who had nothing to say and then the loan company to let them know. I volunteered to fax everything in so that they would have something before the funding date and hopefully things would clear up and then I would overnight the docs. I have a wonderful thank you email from the LO. So you would think after all that I would actually get paid. Well, no. I called and emailed. Can't get anyone. Finally I get an email on December 28 saying your funds are on the way. So I wait. Here is it 1/10/13 and no, no check. I called them up today and some guy gives me a transaction number and amount and says you can call Chase and this proves payment. I am furious. This check was never received. If I had received it, I would have been on the phone immediately because they shorted me. After all I did. Plus, really, who am I supposed to call at Chase and give a transaction number to??? This is all a bunch of lies. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!

Reply by docs1954CA on 1/10/13 7:57pm
Msg #449862

You should've checked them out first...I linked this for you

This is a post from the #'s site, you may want to contact this person for some assistance, good luck.

***Urgent: Anyone that is owed money from Final Link or Home Signings, please contact me at notarysd1@gmail(dot)com . Let me know how much you are owed as well. There is a Detective that is on this case and the more people we are, the stronger the case and the faster we get these people. I can give you more info once you email me if you like. Thank you.

Reply by Andrea Wisniewski on 1/11/13 8:43am
Msg #449905

Re: You should've checked them out first...I linked this for you

You are correct, I should have checked them out, but I was driving down the road at the time they called and it was already late on a Saturday and I was done for the day. They convinced me. Sometimes you just take a leap of faith and I have had some great working relationships out of last minute calls over my 15 years of doing this. Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you. But you can only do this to me once.
I track my receivables regularly. When I don't get paid, I will email the lender and title company along with the signing service. I ask everyone - Is there some reason why this didn't get paid and did the loan close ok. I have had conversations with Title companies asking them why they would do business with a signing service that does this to the notary after they know they got outstanding service from me and I always ask if they would be willing to use me rather than go through the signing service in order to make up for my losses. When I do these emails, I include everyone on it - lender, title company and signing service.
It's time the title companies take some accountability as well. If they knowingly continue to do business with a fraudulent signing service I call them out for it. They need to answer to the banking commissioner or the appropriate industry authority and should have an interest in doing the right thing.

Reply by Andrea Wisniewski on 2/15/13 11:06am
Msg #455978

ok, fair is fair. This company finally did pay me. So although it did take time, they did finally pay.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/15/13 11:22am
Msg #455980

October - November - December - January - February

Not a d*** thing fair about that at all - you owed them nothing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.