Notary Rotary
Ice in Raleigh nc
Notary Discussion History

Ice in Raleigh nc
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by laurielnc on 1/26/13 7:58am
Msg #452339

Ice in Raleigh nc

Had 3 signings before I could go no more. Had second borrower I signed at 1 pm use de-icer on my windshield and my blades barely worked. Made it to my 3rd signing at 2:30. Came out and car totally covered in ice. This borrower knocked all my ice off windshield and wipers. Had 3 more signings. Roads getting worse. Stopped to get gas, almost on empty and gas door frozen shut. I had to cancel 3 signings but TC's not understanding it's bad! One of the signings got moved to 10:00 this morning but I could still ice skate down my driveway. Borrower is going out of town so he can't wait until noon or later. Tried TC and no answer, tried borrower and no answer Frown oh well. Just waiting it out. Did other Notaries in Raleigh area have to cancel many signings?

Reply by zebbienc on 1/26/13 8:06am
Msg #452341

Yes, I had to cancel some signings plus decline others....Not worth having wreck and/or getting hurt.....

Reply by SReis on 1/26/13 8:07am
Msg #452342

I've learned its just not worth the risk.

Yrs ago I made a trip to a signing during a major snow storm. Thought no big deal its only 20min away. Well that 20min turned into a 1hr & 15min white knuckle ride that I will never forget. After that experience I have learned that if the conditions are too bad I am just not doing it. I had another closing this spring during Hurricane Sandy in my hometown. Borrower was afraid of me driving so called me to reschedule it. 30min later title calls me upset saying borrower is livid that I cancelled and wants me out there asap. I was like, "WHAT!! She called me to cancel." I went & when I showed up at the borrowers home she was shocked as she had never spoken to anyone. Taught me yet again that no one is going to care about our safety but us esp when most of the ppl I deal with are not in the NE area so have no idea how bad conditions may be. Like many ppl have said if it is a good client they will understand and for those that don't I wouldn't want to work with them anyway. Stay safe!!

Reply by ToniK on 1/26/13 8:39am
Msg #452343

Re: I've learned its just not worth the risk.

Thats when you shouldve called the BO to confirm after TC called and then found out she didnt say it and you could've conference the TC.

Reply by ikando on 1/26/13 2:45pm
Msg #452411

Re: I've learned its just not worth the risk.

Even in Oklahoma we have interesting weather. In fact the saying around here is, If you don't like the weather, wait a minute. In fact, it's in the 40's today and to be in the 70's tomorrow, then roller coaster for a while. Then we begin tornado season.

Although we've not had any bad weather for the last 6 months, in 2010/11, we had horrible ice and snow storms. I went out two days in a row to get the closings done, and even had to pay to be pulled out of an embankment. No attaboy or thank you from the hiring parties.

Since then I have determined if it's too bad for the signer to consider meeting me 1/2 way, I'm not going. That paperwork will just have to be redone later.

Reply by Treasure Valley Notary - Tina on 1/26/13 10:19am
Msg #452347

This past month I've declined a ton of signings and turned a few back in (then they were just rescheduled instead). Your safety is first and foremost. If you don't value your life, safety, well being - neither will they. We're not the postal service. There is no overtime pay, benefits, retirement, etc. Weather happens. Thank goodness this is just a really bad year for us here in Southwestern Idaho, not our normal. From the description of your weather woes, I would have stopped at #2. But I've lived back east and understand your ice storms. Here in Idaho we just had one, pretty bad for our area, but nothing like you get. Hang in there. I've been told that Spring is coming. Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.