Notary Rotary
Interesting day....
Notary Discussion History

Interesting day....
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 1/19/13 7:42pm
Msg #451264

Interesting day....

Had a refi for an 80 year old. I knew I was in for the long haul when she got up to put both her hearing aids in her ears. She then made me a killer cup of coffee that kept me going all day

Then we couldn't manage the date, 1/19/13, it had to be 1/13/19...well,, finally when we got to the 1003 at the bottom of the stack, it started rolling off the pen. Thank God.

Then she asked me why the DOT wasn't in her trust, I said, politely, because it was not previously vested in the name of the trust. She said, well, I guess I better get busy and put that trust together with my attorney because all three kids want to live here and that can't happen. I smiled.

Small little bungalow by the ocean...should be an interesting scramble.

Funny, She was lovable, lonely, and said she doesn't know how many years she has left, but has a lot of unfinished business to tend to...

I'm glad it's Saturday, and only five today. Putting my feet up, on my last three days of antibiotics for double pneumonia and leg infection. I gotta get busy and start on my taxes, got my first 1098 today.

Reply by Scriba/NM on 1/20/13 1:33am
Msg #451286

Good gravy, sounds like you should be in the hospital instead of out signing. Hope you get to feeling better - pneumonia is nothing to play around with.

Reply by hodgy on 1/20/13 6:10am
Msg #451290

So you had a lot of lined out dates and initials in this package?

Only FIVE on a Saturday? Wow - 1 to 2 on a Saturday is usually max for me. How many a day do you average during the week?

Do you get 1098's or 1099's ?

Reply by 101livescan on 1/20/13 8:49am
Msg #451292

I'd say around 8 dates were lined out, rewritten and initialled by our borrower. I try not to work on Saturday's if possible but the pipeline of people who tried to close last year is still trickling to closing. I average 5-6 a day, try not to exceed that as my new business model in 2013, and I've whittled my SS list of approved companies so that I'm not working for lower fees (100) and garner the better paying companies at 125 to 200.

Working smarter, not harder. Gas is creeping up again.

I got my first 1098, interest paid on one of my mortgages. I got around 30 1099s last year. I'm going to try to keep it at 15 this year.

Reply by hodgy on 1/20/13 9:02am
Msg #451294

Sounds like a plan. I haven't officially reduced my SS list yet but I work less and less for the cheapo ones and the one company that continually calls me I always quote a price much higher than they want to offer so I rarely do any for them anymore.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.