Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Job Placement Agency calling re: Notary Job @ 22.50 an hr..
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Susan/CA on 1/29/13 9:38am
Msg #452881

Is anyone else getting calls from a leading job placement agency for a temporary job (4-6 mths) to work as a notary in local B of A's? I have received several calls. My guess is BofA is expecting a surge (maybe their final surge) of loans coming through & they want to bring notaries in-house to save money.? I'm doing too good now to sit in a bank for 8 hours, however, that's not bad money. I also think this gives us a heads up as to what's to come. It seems like the traveling notary may see a drop in BofA loans coming through for us at least in CA.

JMO
Susan

Reply by CharlotteTX on 1/29/13 9:44am
Msg #452882

A couple of years ago they were calling me for that position here in Texas, I declined.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/29/13 10:19am
Msg #452887

I'd wish they call me! n/m

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 1/29/13 11:57am
Msg #452907

B of A announced last week they were reentering the lending business, unfortunately.

We do not like getting B of A assignments. Their docs are always out at the last possible minute and causes to many problems with signing agents, signings services and escrow officers. Their packages have also become outrageously large lately compared to almost anyone else.

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/29/13 12:17pm
Msg #452910

don't forget the large faxback needed... n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 1/29/13 12:34pm
Msg #452914

Had boa last nite late docs. Pkg not so big. 4 tils and 6 rtcs. Dont mind them. 78 pps. Will be interesting to see how this goes. Only six notarisations reqd w two borrowers

Reply by Kenny Services - Dawn on 1/29/13 4:01pm
Msg #452966

I wish they would call me...I would do it. Your using their printer and don't have to travel all day long! CALL ME Please!!!!!!!

Reply by John E. Rogers on 1/29/13 4:36pm
Msg #452970

A word of caution...I worked for 3.5 months in this kind of situation; for the most part it was OK; lender staff were good and you are fairly much on your own, HOWEVER...the lender (a well-known national lender) I worked with had their own way of doing things and managers can get rather biligerant. I was doing 100 plus notarizations per day (forclosures mostly), and overnight, the job agency called and said I was no longer needed...not "productive" enough! In reality, I disagreed with a manager about notarizing docs that did not reference a previous or some other document, in effect, notarizing a blank page that could be used for anything or anyone else.

Also, during that time, you lose track of many regular title companies and agencies so it takes a while to rebuild business when the job is done. It does indeed save money and wear and tear on equipment, and a regular paycheck is great.

Just be cautious about being asked to improperly notarize documents in spite of what managers or supervisors tell you. jer/OH

Reply by MW/VA on 1/29/13 9:04pm
Msg #453025

I don't see how that's a good deal for an active NSA.

That figures to $180/day. That's the going rate for less than 2 signings. Not a bad a gig for someone who's retired, maybe.
I've heard it rumored that BofA is seeking to close it's loans in house, where they feel they can provide more direct customer service. IMO it's a CYA move. ;-)

Reply by Notarysigner on 1/31/13 12:25pm
Msg #453272

Re: I don't see how that's a good deal for an active NSA.

MW it is a good idea, it will take some of the competition out of the loop for awhile. IMO

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/31/13 12:48pm
Msg #453278

But,taxes have hopefully been taken out. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.