Just shaking my h ead...
Notary Discussion History

Just shaking my h ead...
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Belinda/CA on 1/25/13 8:14pm
Msg #452275

Just shaking my h ead...

Received assignment from SS.
Called to confirm with borrower and left message (stating his name in the message).

Email from SS.
Sorry, we sent you the wrong name but it is the same contact phone number.
Called borrower back and stated correction so they would understand the last message.

Email from SS.
Sorry, it is not the same contact information. Here is the correct contact information.
Called borrower and left message.

Email from SS.
Oops, we were right in the first place. Borrower is the name and contact info first given to you.
(Okay, this guy has had two messages left to him now. One correct and one correcting it.)
Did not call him again.

Email from SS.
"Oops, we are a mess today aren't we?! The borrower is in another town than we thought so disregard everything."
I cannot accomodate that town.

Email from SS.
Well, the borrower name is correct, except it is two people. Here is the right phone number and address. I am pretty sure this is the last name. (Different phone number all together now.) Can you still do?

I am still setting here rolling my eyes.

Reply by ikando on 1/25/13 8:27pm
Msg #452276

I repeat my refrain, oh for the days when docs were sent overnight and everyone had to have their act together before they went out.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 1/25/13 8:30pm
Msg #452278

LMBO That was entertaining. Than You n/m

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/25/13 9:13pm
Msg #452288

This is precisely why I told a company earlier today that I would only call BO after I had received docs. I'm not getting into the hot dog vendor method of accountability and reliability.

*Legal Disclaimer*
[any slander imposed upon hot dog vendors is entirely fictitious and completely coincidental. Maybe]

Reply by Belinda/CA on 1/25/13 9:22pm
Msg #452296

The rest of the story...

So, the first guy I called calls me back. The notary that showed up at his house tonight had docs for the people I am supposed to sign in the morning. The same people who were waiting around for their notary to show up tonight and no one never came. Thier notary was in a town about 6 hours from here with their docs assigned to the wrong address and name!...

His notary apologized and said she would go to the office and be back. He has not heard from anyone about his loan. No one called him until I did saying I'd be there in the morning. Ha. He is going out of town in the morning and won't even be there - except that doesn't matter. It isn't his loan - remember? His loan is still in limbo somewhere.

Just got docs. Let's see whose they are. Yea! It is for the borrower here with the right names. Guess I am working in the morning after all. :o)

Reply by Jessica Ward on 1/25/13 10:55pm
Msg #452312

OMG. That's outrageous.

have you had this kind of a mess from this company before?

I used to work with a company that periodically sent docs for the wrong "smiths" or the wrong phone numbers. I just told them to stop calling. Every time they called it was a colossal emergency of their own making.

My blood pressure doesn't need that!

Reply by Belinda/CA on 1/25/13 11:58pm
Msg #452329

It gets worse!

When borrower calls me back ID does not match docs. Does not know two witnesses because just moved here. So, it's off until title/lender figure it out. Ug.

SS calls. They want me to go ahead and do the signing for them just this once since the borrower was stood up by their notary earlier this evening. (Guy from SS understands after I explain to him the situation.)

I informed them the notary did NOT stand borrowers up! They assigned a notary in a town 5-6 hours from here and she did go and had docs for these people at the wrong borrower's home. Their fault! Don't blame the notary for following wrong directions. (Although how did she not notice the guy's house she was going to was not the name on the docs? Yikes.) I know all this because the first guy I called returned my call and told me all this.

Thirty minutes later title calls. Borrower can't sign in morning anymore because their two credible witnesses cannot be there until later because of their jobs. Well... I say, the problem is both borrowers discussed with me over the phone that she does not know two people in this country who know her and could swear an oath that they do know her (I had read the oath to them). I said there is no way I could perform these notarizations AND now that you know this you cannot legally ask a notary to accept two credible witnesses. She got all nervous and said there will be someone to do it.

Makes you wonder how many of us have been used in this way and will never know.
I have done over 100 signings for this company and they have been getting incompetent quickly lately.

Also, if you are assigned a signing in Carmichael Saturday afternoon, beware!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.