Notary Rotary
Kindness is a language
Notary Discussion History

Kindness is a language
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 1/27/13 12:07pm
Msg #452490

Kindness is a language

which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. MARK TWAIN.

I just wanted you all to know that I've met some of the kindest people in this business for the past 12 years, a few meanies, but maybe they are just in a lot of pain. Mostly, I've been wonderful human beings.

Reply by Barbara___IL on 1/27/13 1:14pm
Msg #452495

I've been doing this for 6 years and I feel the same way. Out of thousands of people, only a very few were mean, had problems, and took it out on me.

Reply by Barb25 on 1/27/13 2:19pm
Msg #452500

Mark Twain was indeed a very smart man

and your observation is also mine and correct as far as I can see. Thank you for mentioning it. It sure is nice to remember the upbuilding stuff, isn't it. Smile

Reply by Karla/OR on 1/27/13 2:41pm
Msg #452503

I so agree with you! I have worked with the public for 40+ years in varying degrees, and have found the same thing - 99% are wonderful.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/27/13 3:54pm
Msg #452515

Whether you call him Samuel Clemens or Mark Twain, I love the man's wit and literature!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/27/13 10:30pm
Msg #452596

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

I also think that applies equally to this forum as it does to anywhere else. Just something I've been thinking about recently with all the kerfuffle that went on last weekend - and you've given me a good place wax philosophical again for a minute... [sorry... Wink]

I wonder how many different people post on this forum on any given day or week. Dozens? Hundreds? I think it's probably quite a few more than we realize. Over a month, and the numbers likely rise even more. Most of the time, I think we do a pretty good job of conducting business, offering opinions, advice, whatever. But with those kinds of numbers, it's not surprising that on any given day or week someone is having a meltdown. Could be that they're going through something personal - even tragic - in their life, or they're experiencing mood swings, hormonal fluctuations, reactions to medication, financial challenges, client frustrations, well, the list could go on.

Whatever it might be, that last straw gets piled on, and here we are, conveniently, as a place to let it go. And if you pay a little closer attention, it isn't always the same person - and it isn't very many - and it isn't very often. And yet, when it happens, the comments come flying about "this board"... and "all you ____ " (fill in the blank). IMO, these are inappropriate and inaccurate generalizations.

I'm not trying to make any commentary about any individual or whatever issues they might have had or may have. I'm just observing that maybe a little bit of wider perspective might be useful when those types of things hit these pages. And kindness in the form of letting something go or giving someone the benefit of the doubt may help keep someone else from hitting the wall in a difficult moment...

Again, just some thoughts on a Sunday evening. Have a fantastic week, everyone!

Reply by Karla/OR on 1/28/13 12:54am
Msg #452612

Thanks Janet - this can never be said enough on here. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.