Major Vendor Rejected a Notary,What do you guys think..Crazy
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by leeinla on 1/18/13 4:34pm
Msg #451076

Vendor:

Hello and thank you for your interest in joining LXX’s network. We are currently recruiting agents who meet specific qualifications. To help us, to see if you would be a good fit, please tell us a few things about yourself.

What is your experience as a mobile notary?

What counties/areas in which States do you provide mobile notary service?

Are you currently background screened through the NNA or Lexis Nexis?

What fee do you charge for mobile notary service with Edocs?

Are you planing on doing mobile notary work full time or part time?

Do you work alone, or do you have others/partners working with you?

Do you have the ability to conduct a mobile closing in languages other than English? If so which language?

Please let us know!

Notary:

Here are the answers to your questions:

I have been a Notary Signing Agent for the past eight years.
I serve Los Angels and Ventura Counties.
I been background screened by the NNA.
My fee is $1XX per signing ( This includes printing, meeting the boorower(s), and completing the assignment).
I work alone
I work part-time (evenings).
Only English.

Vendor:

Thank you for your interest in LXX. Unfortunately we are not looking to expand our network in your area. Best Wishes.

Notary:

Now you are not looking to expand in my area, it is kind of funny. Is it the rate that scared you. You get what you pay for.

Vendor:
It has been my experience that no matter the rate, most agents make the same mistakes. Besides the greater LA area is our most competitive area (1/7 of our network is in LA) and the network is saturated there already.

Notary:

You are missing an opportunity to work with a great notary. If you are paying your agents well, and they are still making errors, you are hiring the wrong notaries. For example, XXX is extremely happy with my work. It is not about saturation, it is about hiring the most professional notaries that get the work done right the first time.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 1/18/13 5:09pm
Msg #451083

Maybe they want someone full-time?!? Its still their choice

They have the right to select what notaries to work with just like we have the right to select what companies to work with. Or am I missing something here??

Reply by ananotary on 1/18/13 8:46pm
Msg #451124

I received the same reply and I'm full time. n/m

Reply by BossLadyMD on 1/18/13 9:08pm
Msg #451129

Its still their decision, we're not 'employees' n/m

Reply by BossLadyMD on 1/18/13 9:11pm
Msg #451130

And sometimes I turn company's down who swear I'm

the one making a huge mistake but thats my decision.....

Reply by Karla/OR on 1/18/13 7:34pm
Msg #451101

They started out by saying, "Thank you for your interest in joining . . ." and you responded with what I would consider a good resume. Did they put out a 'blanket' request to all notaries, or did you truly apply with them??

If in fact you first contacted them (marketing wise), I would believe that your area IS saturated (as they stated) and are looking to maximize other areas with notaries.

Certainly don't let one company get you down, you and I know there are plenty of others out there. As you said, "You are missing an opportunity to work with a great notary." Perhaps they will keep your 'resume' and enlist you at a later time.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/18/13 7:54pm
Msg #451109

"Perhaps they will keep your 'resume' and enlist you at a later time." I completely agree with this statement. If the firm is a reputable one, they should keep a log of resumes on file. Prior to becoming a notary I was in administration and management for retail companies. I filed for employment with one company and was told there were no vacancies. I thanked them for their consideration and stayed in contact with them as a customer and just to check how their business was doing. I received a call a year later when a position became available for an interview. The patience was worth it as was my continued contact with the company.

Just make sure you don't cut your nose off to...well you get the idea. Wink

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.