Notary Rotary
Maybe I missed something...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Paula Yakey on 1/14/13 1:30pm
Msg #450351

Why does ServiceLink and NationalLink not send shipping labels. I do not have a UPS account and the UPS stores will not give you airbills for you to complete. All the other companies I work or always send a shipping label. I worked a lot or Servicelink several years ago and never had so many issues...and we won't even talk about their "E" system!

Reply by anotaryinva on 1/14/13 1:38pm
Msg #450354

Ask and they will send one n/m

Reply by Kenny Services - Dawn on 1/14/13 1:39pm
Msg #450355

I always tell them I need a return label when they call to confirm the docs are being sent to me. Call them if necessary....I would Never send them back at your expense!! No label! no return! ServiceLink and NationalLink will suck the blood from your soul if they could get away with it for free.

Reply by CentralNY on 1/14/13 2:02pm
Msg #450363

they do forget a label now and then. if you remind them they do send it or i have both the ups and fedex acct #'s and i do a manual label. i have finally mastered the e-status and invoicing. they are fair to me.

Reply by CentralNY on 1/14/13 2:37pm
Msg #450374

Clarification

i have sl's fedex and ups acct. #'s i don't use my own as i don't and won't have for the below reasons.

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/14/13 2:03pm
Msg #450364

Raid dropboxes for labels--every one you see, but do NOT

ever order them from FedUps or you could get charged because they keep a record of the tracking # and who has it.

Reply by JENNY/TX on 1/14/13 2:26pm
Msg #450368

Re: Raid dropboxes for labels--every one you see, but do NOT

UPS will also charge you if you have an account and order their supplies.

Jenny

Reply by Paula Yakey on 1/14/13 2:42pm
Msg #450376

Thanks guys...I always use SL UPS number...but went to 2 box and both had no supplies. I called NL for shipping label over an hour and half ago and they said they would send it right over...well...

Reply by hodgy on 1/14/13 2:46pm
Msg #450377

I have never been charged for ordering supplies from UPS with an account.

Reply by JENNY/TX on 1/14/13 4:52pm
Msg #450389

I didn't mean I was charged for supplies. I was charged for shipping, even though I used the TC account # and indicated 3rd party pay, but used shipping labels sent to me using my account.

Jenny

Reply by La Trese Breaux on 1/14/13 5:00pm
Msg #450394

i think there is a box you supposed to have marked bill recipient and that would prevent you getting charged by mistake. If you get another order from them go a lil higher on your fee so you can at least get your money back on the error even if you have to take 4 orders charging them an extra 5, i just hate losing money.

Reply by JENNY/TX on 1/14/13 7:51pm
Msg #450421

I did mark bill recipient. TC nor I could ever get an cogent answer as to why I was billed. TC paid the bill as soon as I brought it to their attention so no problem there.

Jenny

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 1/14/13 2:41pm
Msg #450375

I did a job for Service Link, no shipping label. In the confirmation they provide their shipping info and requested that I complete the label. I use drop boxes because we have very few manned facilities in my immediate area. If you see a drop box, get supplies to keep on hand for these occassions.

Reply by irish/WA on 1/14/13 6:02pm
Msg #450405

A while back I was charged by UPS even though I checked bill receiver on the shipping label. I tried to get it resolved with UPS and the the title company but it took forever and in the meantime UPS turned me over to a collection agency. From now on, if I don't receive a shipping label and have to fill one out, I fill it out with them (the title company) as the sender and as the receiver. That way I will never get charged again by mistake.

Reply by notarydi/CA on 1/14/13 8:00pm
Msg #450424

the internet is your friend......

I, too, found myself in this dilemma. And, my local UPS store personnel were just JERKS. Insisted I had to have an account with them and pre-printed label. They really gave me attitude. Neglected to tell me that I can go ONLINE, create an account for myself for free, create a pre-printed shipping label to ServiceLink with the SL account number as the number to bill....and all for FREE! Did not cost me a penny. Don't have to worry about supplies. The UPS customer service department online was just SUPER to work with!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/14/13 8:05pm
Msg #450427

Just keep in mind with those airbills printed online

they CAN come back to bite you - if the recipient doesn't pay the bill your account will be billed for it.

Search here - it's happened.

Reply by notarydi/CA on 1/14/13 8:11pm
Msg #450428

Re: Just keep in mind with those airbills printed online

t/y. good to know. will keep that in mind and check back on my account from time to time...
the last couple of SL deals have come with pre-printed labels, so it's been nice.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/14/13 8:23pm
Msg #450431

Re: Just keep in mind with those airbills printed online

See:

Msg #213288
Msg #217051

Reply by pdl/cali on 1/14/13 8:42pm
Msg #450432

If Servicelink does not send me a UPS label, I email them, and they send me one with no problem. I have never had a problem with that. SO FAR.... UPS is awful to work with. I prefer FedEx any day.. JMO

Reply by Matie Elizabeth Zilinskas on 1/15/13 9:52am
Msg #450479

i do did not get a shipping label...................what is it with this company....do they not want their package???

I have been trying to get a return telephone call for 2 hours !!!!

Reply by jba/fl on 1/15/13 11:27am
Msg #450497

They will call you tomorrow for sure wanting to know where

pkg is....be sure of that. LOL

Patience is a virtue, and remember, their emergency is not yours.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.