Notary Rotary
Pre-Printed Notary Stamp
Notary Discussion History

Pre-Printed Notary Stamp
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by BossLadyMD on 1/2/13 1:04pm
Msg #448483

Pre-Printed Notary Stamp

I recently renewed my commission and got a new stamp. I went the cheap route and got one without an expiration date. Now I am second guessing myself because it does not look 'official' enough to me without the pre-printed date (I have to write-in my commission expiration date).

Is anyone else using this type of stamp? Maybe I just have to get used to it.....

Reply by dutchcloser on 1/2/13 1:12pm
Msg #448484

I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't have my expiration on my stamp and it never has come into question.

Reply by CentralNY on 1/2/13 1:43pm
Msg #448489

Ditto, and never a problem. n/m

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/2/13 1:49pm
Msg #448490

I don't see why it would matter as long as your seal complies with your state laws. Here in CA, they are very specific as to what information is on the seal, so the date is on there for us. I'm no sure how many other sates regulate, though. Shoot, some don't require a seal at all!

I think what should matter is how it feels to you and how convenient it is to you and to your work flow.

I've found that sometimes, investing money in a high quality tool is the best option. Other times, not so much... you can get by and be more efficient with the cheapest option out there.

FOr example, completely off topic. I make metal jewelry - primarily rustic brass and silver type stuff. I've found that for some of the pieces I make, rather than use my extremely expensive forming tools and equipment, I'll use a simple rawhide mallet, a rock, propane torch and sandpaper. Other times, I'll use the flex-shaft for finer detailed work and my nicer forming hammers and stakes. It just depends.

Just like I have several notary seals... including my awesome round purple one that is really popular with lawyers. Smile

Reply by BossLadyMD on 1/2/13 5:48pm
Msg #448540

Thanks..I just have to get used to it :) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.