Notary Rotary
Scanning and PDF file size
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Barb25 on 1/18/13 8:12am
Msg #450988

When I purchased my new scanner (which I have yet to set up) it came with Adobe Acrobat X Standard. I am still using my old Scanner and had to scan 56 pages for a personal project and fax them I scanned them at either 200 or 300 dpi I don't remember on my hp 6310 All-in-one. In any event I save them as a PDF file. The file was 1.88 MB. I opened with file using the Acrobat. Then I saw under the save as features a "save as PDF reduced size" so I did that. The same file was half the size.. or 946 KB.

So, if anyone has that program or has recently purchased a Scan Snap scanner that came with the program, it will certainly help get around some of the efaxing and emailing size problems. Or at least, it should.

Just FYI.

Reply by janCA on 1/18/13 8:48am
Msg #450993

Love my ScanSnap, Barb. One of the best purchases I made for the 2012 year.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 1/18/13 11:42am
Msg #451020

So Barb, Did you purchase a snap scan? or what scanner are you referring to? Thanks

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.