Notary Rotary
Second Notary in a split signing..
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by bfnotary on 1/26/13 12:54pm
Msg #452381

I am a second notary in a split signing. This signing is to take place on the 31st. I received package in the mail yesterday, but with being really busy, didn't get a chance to look it over until today. I noticed that the notary made a ton of errors, including a non signed hud 1, a non signed disbursement of funds, and also a lot of the notary certs are pre printed with husband and wife names on them. He did not correct some of them, by lining through husbands name, and initialing. He is stating they both appeared before him. I don't know what to do about this. If I contact the hiring party, there may be enough time to get the wife to re sign. And docs to me in time for the 31st. Not sure tho, that may be cutting it close.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 1/26/13 12:57pm
Msg #452383

Let hiring party know so THEY can decide how to proceed. JMHO

Reply by Buddy Young on 1/26/13 12:59pm
Msg #452384

Re: Contact the hireing party

The docs may have been mailed directly to you from the other notary and the SS not even aware of mistakes.

Reply by bfnotary on 1/26/13 1:04pm
Msg #452385

Re: Contact the hireing party

Ya they were, The wife signed on the 24th, I received them on the 25th. Does anyone know how long a NC notary commission term is?

Reply by CarolF/NC on 1/26/13 1:25pm
Msg #452394

NC is 5 years n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 1/26/13 7:19pm
Msg #452438

Call the hiring party. I wouldn't do that unless there

is a question if the loan will fund, which could be the situation here.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.