Notary Rotary
ServiceLink confirmation
Notary Discussion History

ServiceLink confirmation
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Yoli/CA on 1/30/13 11:10am
Msg #453096

ServiceLink confirmation

On 1/28/13, I accepted a signing for 1/31/13 from ServiceLink for Citibank. I've accommodated several other CB loans for SL and this was a first (for me).

Historically, SL sends my confirmation with agreed upon full fee. This time, confirmation on 1/28th did not include the edoc printing fee. When I questioned this, I was told SL doesn't know until docs are ready whether docs will be sent to borrower or emailed to notary. If edocs, corrected confirmation will be sent. I was further informed: <<No, it has always been done like this. We can only add the edocs fee on if it is scheduled the same day or day before the closing. We also add the edocs fee during the last week of every month (busy week)>>

Are all of you SL providers encountering the same thing? Is this just for Citibank?

BTW, received corrected confirmation today and docs followed about 20 minutes later.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 1/30/13 11:15am
Msg #453097

That's never happened to me.

Full fee on the confirmation ALWAYS.

Reply by LMS on 1/30/13 11:17am
Msg #453098

She was right, they always do it that way. 99 percent of the time, the closer remembers to send the updated confirmation. If they don't make sure you "remind" them...

Reply by janCA on 1/30/13 11:29am
Msg #453104

Always receive confirmation with full fee, doesn't matter when I receive it.

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/30/13 11:20am
Msg #453100

Ditto LMS

The new CO with edoc fee added will usually come with the doc notification. Sometimes you have to bop 'em upside the head, but, mostly, they're pretty good about sending fee increase.

Reply by ToniK on 1/30/13 12:02pm
Msg #453112

All my invoices are coming in

with my base fee and then they send another one *updated* with the edoc fee.

Reply by Jack/AL on 1/30/13 2:06pm
Msg #453137

From what I can tell, it depends.

It depends on the SL account type and time proximity to closing. Seems that the 8-digit job orders (for which SL has a name, perhaps Cactus?), are assigned at the lower rate, without a print fee, if assigned days before the signing. If assigned when there's no chance of overnighting docs, the print fee is included. If assigned without print fees and eventually docs are emailed, the assignment sheet is revised to include the print fee. The 7-digit job orders have a different name and are usually assigned with the print fee included. For what it might be worth, the letterhead on the two differing digit fields is different, and it is my understanding that they are from different offices, and (most importantly) have different status updating and invoicing procedures. It can all be very confusing, until you've stumbled through several signings and pay periods, or someone holds your hand through the process. Unfortunately, although SL seems to be trying to eliminate some of the ridiculous and childish notary instructions, some outdated/erroneous instructions are still being sent to us, especially concerning invoicing. I'll only make this more confusing if I go further into that at this point, so I'll hush, now.

Reply by ikando on 1/30/13 4:21pm
Msg #453174

Re: From what I can tell, it depends.

Jack, for all the hoops you mention, I have chosen not to update with ServiceLink, even though personally requested to.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 1/30/13 8:45pm
Msg #453200

Re: From what I can tell, it depends.

I get a lot of work for SL and yes the billing is a PIA..But I am used to it and its not a big deal. I usually get just the signing fee on the confirmation and then get an updated one when its edocs..which most of mine are..I like working for them..

Reply by ohnotary on 1/31/13 8:30am
Msg #453220

Mine has always come over like that. they increase the fee after they email or shortly before they email the docs. If you do not get an updated confirmation just email them back and they will update it and send a new one.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.