Notary Rotary
Service Link Chase Loans at Branch
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by CentralNY on 1/9/13 12:33pm
Msg #449623

i have read stuff about chase loans done through a branch. has anyone done them thru sl. how has it gone. as i won't go unless i get docs here first. no way am i going to a branch and wait for docs. the bo says he has had a terrible time with chase, really? tia

Reply by ToniK on 1/9/13 1:50pm
Msg #449637

I had one request but turned it down due to the horrible stories on here. Mater of fact I dont do Chase loans anymore cuz of the horrible time it is to get them to the table and when you do more problems.

Reply by CentralNY on 1/9/13 2:01pm
Msg #449639

the few i have done did not go well, lots of time on phone and some resigns as bad huds. if docs are late i am turning it back. the bo was very nice but said he had to apply twice for this loan and he said he has great credit. sad state of affairs.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 1/9/13 2:16pm
Msg #449641

I love in-branch closings!

I've been doing chase in-branch closings for a few years. I've done bunches of them, sometimes 3+ a day. Occasionally I've had headaches with them, but not any more than any other company. I would consider the headaches the exception, not the rules. I have good relationships with chase loan officers, and at least in my area, I'm always told that it's the policy of Chase that LOs attend their closings. (They also consistently ask for my card, because they're now allowed to request a signing agent by name).

I agree, I wouldn't go until I've got docs in my hands or spoken to the LO who has them in his/hers. It is VERY helpful to talk with the LO in advance of closing (verify the terms, funds due, etc).

A couple of times there were misunderstanding about docs to branch vs docs to notary.

Personally, I LOVE closing in branches. No grimy houses, no pets, no household distractions, visitors at the door, grandma in the other room needing help with something, etc. Easy to find locations, straightforward, tidy, etc.

Best luck!

Reply by JPH13/MO on 1/9/13 2:30pm
Msg #449644

Re: I love in-branch closings!

Me too, although I haven't done one for Chase yet. I have done quite a few for Bank of America, and they do seem to go more smoothly than when I am at someone's home and their dogs and children keep distracting them.

Reply by CentralNY on 1/9/13 2:33pm
Msg #449645

i love branch closings also, but i like good paper work better.

Reply by signhere/ca on 1/9/13 2:56pm
Msg #449650

Love bank closings. No distractions and someone always there to help if BO has a question.

Reply by bagger on 1/9/13 3:09pm
Msg #449657

Not too mention, clean desk or conference table, copy machine and printers with internet access.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 1/10/13 7:05pm
Msg #449855

You forgot the two best parts. COPIERS for license copies and daytime appointments!

Reply by maria/MI on 1/9/13 9:00pm
Msg #449705

I love signing at Bank branches, Chase or Bank of America, I have done some and they are more easier, no distractions, clean desk and ppl to help you with fax or copies, or borrowers checking account number. Good luck

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 1/9/13 9:02pm
Msg #449707

I love the branch closings..For the same reasons clean, always help available..Bo doesnt want to chit chat too much..In and out! I would do them all day..I actually do quite a bit of them for Chase and others..

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/10/13 2:47pm
Msg #449816

go even if you don't get docs...LO will send docs to Chase

they will download and print for you...save you $$...this is really a no brainer...

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/10/13 3:06pm
Msg #449826

Not without a written confirmation that I'll be paid

$XX amount (or $XXX) even if the docs don't show. And I wouldn't go unless I've confirmed with the branch that the docs are actually there. No way would I go and sit and wait at branch for docs that may or may not show - if that's what they want me to do they have to agree to pay for my travel and time.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.