Notary Rotary
Service Link Invoicing
Notary Discussion History

Service Link Invoicing
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by CentralNY on 1/4/13 3:56am
Msg #448786

Service Link Invoicing

After you close the orders out, you need to wait 24 hours and then e-invoice them. All orders that are eight digits long and that do not have a dash sign in it are vision orders. These orders need to be statused and e-invoiced online by you for payment. This is a two-step process done for each order. If you send them on a monthly billing statement, the vision orders will not get processed. Bank of America orders do not get statused online but they still need to be e-invoiced. Below are the website instructions that will help you complete this process for all future orders. These orders are pulled once a week, usually on Thursday mornings, to process and the turnaround time can be up to 10-14 business days. Please do not e-invoice the orders again if they are not paid the first time that you bill us for them. You can contact us in vendor billing so that we can look into the orders to fix them.
Orders that have a dash sign in them are sent in at the end of the month on a monthly billing statement. If the order number has seven digits before the dash sign, they are ServiceLink orders. If the order number has six digits before the dash sign, they are NationalLink orders. You can email these to [e-mail address] or fax them to 866-834-7479. Please remember to separate NationalLink orders from ServiceLink orders and put them on their own billing statement.

Reply by CentralNY on 1/4/13 3:59am
Msg #448787

Sorry, this info is from sl invoicing not me,

read it and weep.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/4/13 5:10am
Msg #448789

Good grief!! n/m

Reply by CentralNY on 1/4/13 5:27am
Msg #448791

I know, I was sailing along

smoothly with them until the BoA loan mods and individual docs like deeds, etc. Every day, I have to think what do I need to do for SL and did I do it right and if not when will i find out I did it wrong. I like them and appreciate the biz but some crazy programmer/accounting person came up with this nonsense, of course for their convenience.

Reply by ToniK on 1/4/13 8:39am
Msg #448805

Re: I know, I was sailing along

THey have such a quirky way for doing things and I have to reread the instructions to figure out what I need to do. Im still waiting on a payment from October but yet all other payments have been made on subsequent signings. So frustrating.

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/4/13 9:10am
Msg #448809

Invoicing as I completed each order-with-no-dash...only to discover yesterday that I wasn't going all the way thru to the last screen/button that says 'Print Invoice' (maybe just Print)....which is the button that actually submits the darn thing for payment. Truly an AAAAARRRRRGGGGH moment! IMHO, even the words used on the website are quirky. Sorta like Microsoft...to turn off your computer, first you press 'start'.

Reply by CentralNY on 1/4/13 9:21am
Msg #448811

i hate to be dumb, but i am totally lost on the dashes. none of my confirmations have a dash and i don't recall having to enter one online? we shall see if it gets ironed out. if not i am going to ask them to walk me thru it. grrrr is right

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/4/13 9:32am
Msg #448812

Quoting the 2 page printout I did from an e-mail from SL that 'explained' (sure it did) all this...
you're doing it right. Orders with a dash (between buncha numbers) are billed on the proper invoice (NationalLink & ServiceLink each have their own) at eom and snailmailed. On the 8 digits/no dash, just remember you HAVE to click on the Print button to finalize it. Which doesn't actually print anything unless you say so, but does then go to a screen where every invoice you've entered actually is listed. The 2 pages I got didn't mention this little detail. It just says 'follow the prompts'. And "print" really is like "submit". grrrrr--but thru trial and error, I finally think I did it right.

Reply by CentralNY on 1/4/13 9:42am
Msg #448815

Lee I think I got that we shall see and Les

ye a better man than us, lol

Reply by Deborah Breedlove on 1/4/13 1:04pm
Msg #448853

Lee, monthly invoices can be emailed

Send them to [e-mail address]. This is for National Link too.

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/4/13 2:02pm
Msg #448869

Thanks, Deb...nobody ever told me that...grrrrrr umpy, I am. n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 1/4/13 1:34pm
Msg #448865

Actually, Lee, not so.

On the 2 invoices I have outstanding for them, I have the printed invoice from their 'site. I was also under that misunderstanding.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 1/4/13 1:30pm
Msg #448864

Same here. I, too, was going along smoothly. Enjoy the good fees that were always paid within 2 weeks. Then, I noticed payment was not received as anticipated. Contacted my go-to person who quickly set 2 invoices up for payment and explained the process.

These 2 were for e-signs. Status online. Wait 24 hours to e-invoice.

Received email from accounting today. Payment was processed today. Whew!

Reply by Les_CO on 1/4/13 9:38am
Msg #448813

I have no problem at all with this gibberish invoicing system….When they call I simply say I’m booked.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/4/13 9:46am
Msg #448818

Same here. n/m

Reply by BossLadyMD on 1/4/13 9:46am
Msg #448819

Stopped working for them years ago. Too much of a hassle... n/m

Reply by Jessica Ward on 1/4/13 10:00am
Msg #448823

It's a pain but, I bill for the hassle.

They have the highest rates on my fee structure and I still get LOADS of consistent work, and aside from the wacky invoicing, they are extremely easy to work with.

Yes, I still dig out the billing instructions EVERY SINGLE time I do an order for them (sometimes 3 a day).

They pay really fast when you invoice properly,and where I used to get a lot of pushback about fees, that's all stopped and they voluntarily raised my fees last year. (And I'm already told I'm at the "top of my market" price-wise)

Reply by CentralNY on 1/4/13 10:12am
Msg #448824

Yes Jess, that's why I stay, but I too look at the

instructions every freakin time.

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/4/13 10:29am
Msg #448827

Ditto Jessica

Tho' I'm still in the learning curve of their online invoicing procedure. It's the 'follow the prompts' that got me, but hopefully I 'got' that now. But, I said that a month ago, too.

Reply by suzanne burton on 1/4/13 12:01pm
Msg #448837

Re: Ditto Jessica

I had my first invoice this morning. It was crazy I call the vender management team to walk me through. It took longer than the sgning I did last night. lol

Reply by Pam/NM on 1/4/13 12:07pm
Msg #448840

Re: Ditto Jessica

What a pain...so, do you think if I told my power company that I would pay them only if they would separate the kwH out on the bill and would issue checks ONLY on bills received before the 4th full moon of the year of months with the letter E in their name....would that work?

Reply by Jessica Ward on 1/4/13 3:11pm
Msg #448895

Funny you mention that, because my power is like that!

I'm forever wondering why they break electricity into 19 different categories and rates. Seriously? I just want the #)# lights to turn on when I flip the switch.
My electricity bills are the most convoluted, outrageous things I've seen in ages... except for ServiceLink's invoicing instructions. ;-)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.