Notary Rotary
Undisclosed Faxbacks
Notary Discussion History

Undisclosed Faxbacks
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by upnorth/AK on 1/31/13 12:02pm
Msg #453262

Undisclosed Faxbacks

I have accepted several assignments in the last week or so that say nothing about the ENTIRE package needing to be faxed back and then when you get the package and instructions it tells you. Do the signing companies really not know that information when they call you or are they just not up front about it? I have even asked about faxbacks and obviously not been given the right information. I have ended up turning a couple back as they won't pay to have me fax over 100 pages back.

Reply by wv/or on 1/31/13 12:12pm
Msg #453266

I just had one yesterday. Even the instructions in the documents didn't say anything about faxbacks. I received a call an hour before the schedule time to remind me to fax the entire package back. I did call and complain and I received compensation for it though, but they really didn't want to.

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/31/13 12:48pm
Msg #453279

This has long been a problem with some (even many) companies and, imho, the proper, businesslike way to solve the problem is call and either get adequately compensated for the additional work or give it back---and I don't care how 'late' it is! If they can't or won't accurately tell you during the initial call what work they expect, they don't deserve any consideration.

Reply by NewPhoenix on 1/31/13 1:10pm
Msg #453284

Re: Undisclosed Faxbacks - always ask

I always ask that question on receiving the initial phone call. If it's just the HUD, or if the signing is at a real estate office and I can just dump it in their machine then fine, I will do it. Anything else I usually turn down. It 's not just the time faxing (or refaxing if the fax crashing half way through and you have to do it all over again) but I have to come back to the office, pull the package apart to find what they want faxed, send it, then go back out again to drop it in the box and drive back home.

Sometimes the scheduler will say "It's just a few pages" I ask what documents? "Oh just the HUD, the Mortgage, the TIL the note....". Do you realize that is about half the package? "Oh".

B of A loans started out with about 10 pages, then 14, then 28 at which point I said don't call me.

Reply by Art_MD on 1/31/13 1:57pm
Msg #453290

If I had to faxback out of the blue, I would do my "copy Trick" as a form of protest

Ran a bunch of sheets thru printer with a "watermark" saying "COPY" across page.
Put in printer and copy faxbacks onto the watermarked paper. Then scan and send.
They sure can't save time by forwarding or using the copies.

Art

Reply by MonicaFL on 1/31/13 10:41pm
Msg #453385

I had a similiar problem a few days ago. I was very specific when I asked "Are there any faxbacks involved" and she said no. When I got the package I immediately emailed the person who sent me the documents and told her that my fee for faxing back is $1.00 per page and if they still wanted all those pages faxed back, then my confirmation had to be adjusted to include that amount. Got a response, oh, so sorry, no we don't need you to fax anything back! Go figure!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.