Notary Rotary
Unheard of Recognition! by a SS
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 1/8/13 11:00am
Msg #449415

I've been in this crazy business since 2002, ten years, renewing my notary commission for the 11th time next week. 2012 was by far the craziest year I've experienced doing this work

Last year I received an email from one of my clients telling me that ten of their top notaries, flawless, effortless, best NSAs they work with, had been selected to receive a yearend bonus. WOW! I haven't received a bonus check from an employer in over 20 years. I think bonuses went out the window with so many other traditional perks. We all know the limitations on salaries for people who do not contribute to the employers' bottom line! ZIP, NADA.

It was a wonderful gift, not just the $check, which I received yesterday, but the recognition and appreciation for services that sometimes, well, you can't put a dollar amount on, the borrowers could be very difficult or paperwork not right.

So, SS's everywhere, just know that there is at least one company out there who has the generosity and the vision to understand the value of their key notaries and rewards us in distinction. They don't try to plump up their ratings by improving their stars on their own. They are just a great company out there doing a lot of business, not stiffing their notaries, treating them fairly and getting great results as an up and coming service to the lending and escrow industries. Their business acumen is key to their unmatched success.

This is why you should not work for low ballers, no matter what their stars are.

Reply by Budman on 1/8/13 11:11am
Msg #449416

You are renewing your commission for the 11th. time in 10 years? My California commission is good for 4 years.

Reply by 101livescan on 1/8/13 11:14am
Msg #449417

I've been a commissioned notary all of my adult life, soon to be 40 years...that make sense?

Reply by Budman on 1/8/13 11:18am
Msg #449419

Re: Yes, that's better. n/m

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 1/8/13 12:14pm
Msg #449428

How could you be commissioned "all of your adult life"

for 40 years , if you are only 39 years old, just like me.

Reply by 101livescan on 1/8/13 12:19pm
Msg #449430

Re: How could you be commissioned "all of your adult life"

Call me a "career notary"...

Reply by DaveCA/CA on 1/8/13 11:51am
Msg #449422

Way to go Cheryl !!!

I know your post was more about this great client of yours. However, I would like to congratulate you on a fabulous job. What a great achievement. congratulations. Very classy of your client too.

Reply by hodgy on 1/8/13 11:58am
Msg #449423

That is great! Congratulations.

Reply by JAM/CA on 1/8/13 12:31pm
Msg #449432

I received the same bonus check you did Cheryl. Best Signing company in the
country! They are my all time favorite.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/8/13 2:33pm
Msg #449449

WOW!

This is just the best, Cheryl and Joan! Good going!

Of course, we're all dying to know the name of this great SS.

Your secret is safe with me because as regular readers of NR know, I stopped "accepting new patients" years ago and work only with two TCs and two small SSs who give me more work than I can handle. I even deleted my profile from NR and the numbers site. Still, curious minds want to know (what we're missing)! LOL.

Anyway, congratulatons again and maybe there is hope for signing agents!

Reply by HisHughness on 1/8/13 2:46pm
Msg #449451

Okay...so how can we anonymously email this post ...

...to all the signing services?

Good lick, Cheryl.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/8/13 2:50pm
Msg #449452

Re: Okay...so how can we anonymously email this post ...

Actually, we don't need "anonymous." Since I don't work for any of the big dog SSs - or even the little but still better-known SSs - I'd be happy to forward Cheryl's and Joan's posts with the heading: "Just thought you'd like to know! Happy New Year."

Compile a www list and I'll e-mail it on!

Reply by HisHughness on 1/8/13 3:40pm
Msg #449457

You're on, Golden Girl. I knew there was a really good reason I have your picture in my wallet.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/8/13 4:04pm
Msg #449460

No, look again. I'm "Goldgirl." The picture you have in your wallet is Betty White from "Golden Girls."

Reply by Sandra Clark on 1/8/13 5:38pm
Msg #449472

Congrats to both of you! Way to go!

Reply by dgd/CA on 1/8/13 7:50pm
Msg #449496

Sweet... Congratulations n/m

Reply by pdl/cali on 1/8/13 9:33pm
Msg #449515

Re: Sweet... Congratulations

Congrats!!! Thats a great accomplishment.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.