Notary Rotary
Vanna, I'd like to buy a vowel....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by emilysigns on 1/24/13 11:31am
Msg #451869

Strike one: Schedule for anytime Wednesday night. Oops. Docs aren't ready.

Strike two: Schedule this for anytime Thursday. Oops. Docs aren't ready.

Strike three: Reschedule this for anytime Thursday afternoon-whenever is good for the borrower.

Now is good for the borrower, and also for me. When is good for the DOCS? I cannot reschedule this for a THIRD time until I know when those darned docs are going to be ready.

Why keep saying "anytime" when docs are STILL not ready?

Reply by Yoli/CA on 1/24/13 11:38am
Msg #451873

One of the first questions when I get a call for a signing:

Are docs available now and if not, when will they be accessible?

Then, when I contact borrowers to confirm, if I don't yet have docs, advise them of same and ask as to their flexibility.

But, yeah, I feel ya. What exactly do they mean by "anytime"? Wink

Reply by emilysigns on 1/24/13 11:41am
Msg #451874

Re: One of the first questions when I get a call for a signing:

Oh, each time they have been confident that docs were going to be ready.... this morning they asked me to re-assign again and I know exactly what is going to happen. The BO will say 1:00 PM and docs won't be ready until 3:00 pm. Waiting for them to give me a target time.

Argh. Poor Borrower. He has been so patient too.

Reply by Blueink_TN on 1/24/13 11:42am
Msg #451875

Re: One of the first questions when I get a call for a signing:

Anytime- translation = you and the borrower are on standby for whenever the docs should appear!

Reply by emilysigns on 1/24/13 11:56am
Msg #451877

This is cracking me up.

"schedule it!"

I understand that they need this scheduled, but they cannot seem to reconcile this need with the availability of the docs.

Ok, I can just start throwing out random times for you to put in the system, but it's all a waste of time without the docs.

Bless this borrower. So nice.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/24/13 12:00pm
Msg #451878

Do they realize too

that you're setting aside your whole day to play games with them? Do you dare book something else because you're sure their docs won't be there?

Reply by emilysigns on 1/24/13 12:04pm
Msg #451879

Re: Do they realize too

Oh, I will book whatever comes my way and will have to work around it. If that doesn't work out they will have to re-assign.

What else can you do? the borrower was kind enough to give me his schedule for the next three days. LOL. I think he knows what boat he is in.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/24/13 12:06pm
Msg #451880

"What else can you do? the borrower was kind enough to give

me his schedule for the next three days. LOL. I think he knows what boat he is in."

Wow...

Reply by 101livescan on 1/24/13 12:24pm
Msg #451881

Funny, you know, I can't get too excited about anything until I see the email with docs attached, or a link to get the docs is in the email.

I was contacted to do a signing for last Saturday, never got an email, nada. I had written it down on my list of signings but until it is confirmed with email, I don't act on it.

On Monday I had a call, the EO completely spaced on it, but sent it right away and I printed and was at the borrowers' home in 2 hours.

So much coming down the pike I completely ignored it since there was no email of confirmation or docs, and I had plenty else staring me square in the face.

Reply by emilysigns on 1/24/13 12:29pm
Msg #451883

I would dump it and move on...

If not for my feelings of sympathy for this borrower. His willingness to hang in here with me is telling. It seems that this has been an epic experience for him and he is so wanting to have this done and over in any way that he can make that happen.

I am a softie. I just can't bail out on him. The borrower already told me himself not to wait on him. Between my partner and I, I feel that one of us will be able to get this reasonably signed once docs do come in. If not, we won't hold him up, we will turn it back.

Reply by SReis on 1/24/13 12:34pm
Msg #451885

So frustrating....

I had a closing last night where it was a "I'll call you if we get docs & then set appt." Ok? Docs come over at 6:30pm. I call borrower to see if they are available around 8pm & get mssg. Title gets back to me at 8pm & says LO spoke w/borrower "sometime today" & she will be home all night just go out there. Um NO!!! There is no way I am going to show up at someone's house at 8:30pm at night w/o ever speaking with them esp when an appt time was never set. Borrower calls me this am, turns out she has NO CLUE about the closing last night & never heard from her LO or anyone else except me re: the closing. WTH!! Now they want to reschedule for today but no clue re: docs. Good Grief Frown

Reply by emilysigns on 1/24/13 12:39pm
Msg #451887

Re: So frustrating....

It really is frustrating. The hiring party seems to think that everyone can just put thier life on hold for those docs, but I have to make my living. The borrower has a life too.

This is a scheduled event and only works if everyone has what they need. They may as well just wait for the docs and then farm it out to be signed, doing it this way is difficult for everyone involved.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 1/24/13 12:40pm
Msg #451888

What's your take on this?

Requested TC send docs today asap as tomorrow is a busy day for me. This is their response:

<<She will have closing in the pipeline for a while. We just have to reallocate them. Thanks! J>>

Reply by emilysigns on 1/24/13 12:43pm
Msg #451889

Re: What's your take on this?

Sounds to me that whoever is drawing docs will have to shuffle her pipeline around to draw your docs up first, rather than the current order she has them in.

What does that tell me? Good luck! LOL.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 1/24/13 12:52pm
Msg #451891

Re: What's your take on this?

And I was so hoping to be wrong ......... Frown <sigh>

Reply by CinOH on 1/24/13 1:05pm
Msg #451895

"Why keep saying "anytime" when docs are STILL not ready?"

Some of these companies are so unprofessional and inconsiderate of notaries' and borrowers' time it is unreal. They want to keep you on the hook with "anytime" knowing full well they're not ready to close.

What's really disgusting is when they lie to the borrowers and try to make it seem like the notary is holding things up instead of admitting they don't have the documents ready.

Reply by ikando on 1/24/13 1:32pm
Msg #451904

This thread is the reason I long for the days of overnighted documents. Then you KNEW the docs were ready because they had to be printed on their end and sent to us. Then we could actually have some sort of schedule for the day.

Reply by CinOH on 1/24/13 1:40pm
Msg #451906

I agree. I asked one of my regulars about overnight docs and they snickered. I think those days are long gone.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.