Notary Rotary
Waiting for the Notary
Notary Discussion History

Waiting for the Notary
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Barb25 on 1/14/13 9:15pm
Msg #450440

Waiting for the Notary

Ah, to be sitting on the other side of the closing/signing table.... Without going into the last 4 days of why we did not get this loan closed we shall just cut to tonight.. My husband is closing on a a refi for a NY property that he has. The first notary called and his car would not start when he was leaving his last signing. We offered to pick him up.. No No. The signing company called and apologized that the 7:30 pm signing would be delayed while they found another notary. (For one stupid minute I said I would do it,, really, what was I smoking, notarizing your own husband duh??? I must have forgot about the notarizing) Well they found a notary finally about 50 miles from me. At 8:35 she said she is coming as soon as she gets the docs. I said just come and have the docs sent here I will print them.. Oh No... That cannot be done... Okay. So we wait. As I type this, it is now 10:03 and I just got a call that my notary is on her way. What ever that means. I just said be safe. My husband is sleeping.. Amazing. I hope the docs look better than the ones they sent last week. But that's another story..

Reply by sueharke on 1/14/13 9:21pm
Msg #450442

I probably would have insisted that the docs be sent to me and I would get one of my fellow notaries to notarize the docs and confirm that we signed and dated all the other forms properly.

Sounds like the SS are like dealing with the IRS... of which I've had a lot of practice on being determined to resolve issues <big smile>.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 1/15/13 12:21am
Msg #450472

Barb this is sad for you and I hope it got done but again your humor shines through

Reply by Barb25 on 1/15/13 11:29am
Msg #450498

Epilogue

It got done. And before the stroke of Midnight... The lender even fixed the docs if nothing else probably just to shut me up. The notary a lovely person. Bless her heart. In the end a Notary saved the day.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.