Notary Rotary
Want to hear from Signing professionals in Santa Clara Co/CA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by mahajan/CA on 1/7/13 2:36pm
Msg #449336

Want to hear from local Signing professionals serving Santa Clara county area. In process of updating profile and recently graduated from Notary2pro, where it was suggested I reached out to people and asked what all of you are charging as a standard fee's. As well, what to post for copy, and travel fee's. Hope to have many replies and feedback what to post in my profile and avoid the pitfalls newby's like myself trip into. Already I have daily calls and have many fee's offered, all ranges and want to hear from you. Want to meet notaries to join me as linkedin connection and to locally network Is there any network for locals in our county??

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/7/13 3:49pm
Msg #449347

Instead of asking your local competition to help you out by giving away what many consider to be part of their proprietary business plans, I suggest you go to the first page of this forum, find the orange Search button at the top and do extensive searching on anything you can think of related to "fees". There is abundant information available here. I also recommend you do lots of searching on the term "lowball", so you know what NOT to charge, and learn about which companies not to work for. Sadly, there are a good number of companies who take advantage of notaries and even some who have no intention of paying you at all.

I hope Notary2pro didn't mean for you to reach out to the people right in your area when, in effect, you may be trying to compete for some of the same business. Getting a notary commission and learning about loan documents is the easy part. Getting established with good clients is where the rubber meets the road - and no one is going to just hand over that information to you. Most of what you're asking for is stuff you need to figure out for yourself. Do your homework (there is ton's of info available here already) and you'll be able to have a pretty good idea of where to begin. Also, many suggest reading msg # 33325 from start to finish - more than once. And the archives on this forum (available via searches) is a treasure trove of info.

Happy searching!

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 1/7/13 5:15pm
Msg #449369

There are no standard fees - each Notary Public determines

what he/she will charge.
Each notary Public determines what fees to charge.
We were all "newbies" at one time and made decisions for our businesses.
As far as your profile, post any work experience or skills you have that will benefit you as a Notary Public.
If you have received calls for assignments, only you can decide what you fee will be.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.