Notary Rotary
Went to fill in my separate ack
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by NVLSlady/VA on 1/29/13 10:32pm
Msg #453045

certificate for the Note and didn't need. Did I miss something?? Had another one last week with correct notarial wording.

Reply by Gregory/CA on 1/29/13 10:55pm
Msg #453051

I haven't had to notarize a Note for the signings I've performed, but I do notarize the DOT. I wonder if it's Lender specific to notarize the Note.

Reply by Cam/CA on 1/29/13 11:56pm
Msg #453060

Re: I think it may be a VA specific thing rather than l

specific

Reply by Cam/CA on 1/29/13 11:58pm
Msg #453061

Re: meant to say... rather than lender specific n/m

Reply by Jack/AL on 1/30/13 9:21am
Msg #453082

Don't know that I've ever done an ack on a note

All of my signings have been in north Alabama. I'm quite OK with that, but find it amusing that some lenders and title companies have a plethora what I'll call mundane odds and ends that require ack or jurat, but do not require either on the note (which seems of considerable importance). I'm not for adding either to the note, but sure wish the TCs and lenders would only require an ack or jurat on the documents that will eventually be recorded. Maybe it's just me.....

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/30/13 9:34am
Msg #453085

Can you explain more about the separate ack?

I am not understanding why you would need a separate ack. (Density in the brain.)

Also, as to notes, they can be notarized, but only if a certificate is attached by the lender or other party. Notaries would not do that.

Forgive me if I don't understand! Smile

Reply by HisHughness on 1/30/13 10:29am
Msg #453091

Re: Can you explain more about the separate ack?

Virginia has this strange thing that is, I believe, unique to that commonwealth. If my senility-impaired memory serves, the note is notarized with wording to the effect that the notary is certifying that the note is the same as the one cited in the deed.

That may be the issue. We had NotRot discussions on it, and I've encountered it a few times on Virginia property transactions I have handled. Hope I have recalled the details correctly.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/30/13 10:32am
Msg #453092

See thread beginning with Message #446195 n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/30/13 10:58am
Msg #453095

Oh yeah...nvm - I looked at her named/thought Nevada.

So does Lousiana...but a different one.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 1/30/13 8:11pm
Msg #453195

"Virginia has this strange thing that is, I believe, unique to that commonwealth. If my senility-impaired memory serves, the note is notarized with wording to the effect that the notary is certifying that the note is the same as the one cited in the deed."

If I recall correctly, Louisiana has something similar.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 1/30/13 8:53pm
Msg #453201

Yes, the certification wording (not proper notarial wording) shows up typically; so I always have a stack of ACKs in my bag to attach. I think a lot of Va notaries notarize our improperly worded Note. Maybe more now are taking a stand ? . . . maybe not (they seem to be silent in VA!)

The signing I had last night was 1st time I saw wording: WITNESS THE HAND(S) AND SEAL(S) OF THE UNDERSIGNED. And left it at that.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 1/31/13 8:37am
Msg #453221

Whenever I've seen anything like WITNESS THE HAND(S) AND SEAL(S) OF THE UNDERSIGNED I have always interpreted it as a fancy and unnecessary way of saying the signers signed and sealed the documents. I never interpreted it as requiring any action on my part.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.