Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Why is Friday the day to do the closing?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Alice/MD on 1/26/13 3:26pm
Msg #452414

What happen from Monday - Thursday? Why am I getting calls as late as Friday night 10:30 pm to do a closing?

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/26/13 5:45pm
Msg #452435

Friday is always my busiest day of the week too n/m

Reply by Buddy Young on 1/26/13 10:24pm
Msg #452460

I turned down 6 job offers after 5PM on Friday. The calls were after 5

Reply by ToniK on 1/27/13 12:32am
Msg #452463

Ill take a stab at this

I would think its due to most people leave work early on Fridays or are working a flex scheduled and Fridays are usually days they take off. Especially in the DMV area which is mostly centered around Federal govt & defense contractor jobs. Also add that it's the day before the weekend.

Reply by Saul Leibowitz on 1/27/13 12:59am
Msg #452466

Re: Ill take a stab at this; me, too

This Friday is [was] urgent because the last day to fund a refinance for January budgets, goals, commissions is Thursday the 31st. If you signed Friday or Saturday with three days to rescind, then you still fund Thursday. Of course, if the lender gives interest credits to the borrower, you could close Monday through Thursday and might still get a January commission.
The other reasons about Friday closings are also correct, but this Friday is "special."

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/27/13 3:40pm
Msg #452513

Re: Ill take a stab at this; me, too

That's my understanding also. That's why Global kept trying to get me to take their assignment repeatedly without any docs. (As long as they can enter it into the system that it was ready to go for me, hooray for them; they covered their a**es) However, I don't do things that way.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.