Notary Rotary
“I’m at the curb, in front of your house!”
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Bear900/CA on 1/25/13 11:40pm
Msg #452320

I was asked to verify an appointment after 10:00 pm last night when customer came in from work, for a 9:00 am signing this morning. He is a young correctional officer. There is money due, he can wire funds. I check docs for wire instructions.

The following are test messages:

10:08pm (me to SS) “verified with customer for 9am signing. Money is due and he can wire. Can you help me get wiring instructions?”

10:08pm (SS) text me your email I can forward

10:09 pm: (SS) just sent

10:10pm (me) Thanks. Goodnight.

2:23 am ::::::::Loud Droid sound wakes up the dead!

2:23 am (Loan Officer!) can you please review the interest rate you have on the docs before you get them signed please. The rate should be 3.75% not 3.5% Please verify this.

2:26am (me, telling myself just go with it) It’s 3.75%

2:30 am (LO) OK the chicks estimated HUD has 3.5%. This is wrong and can change the cash to close and boy we don’t need a redraw so please get a corrected one before you go tomorrow.

2:33 am (me with a Duh moment) Get that from D at escrow?

2:34 am (LO) please get it before you go to signing please

2:35 am (me) will do. I will email her now.

2:36 am (LO) call her at 8:00 she is old and slow thanks for responding

2:37 am (me) LOL thanks I have her cell number too.

2:38 am (LO) Man I got to babysit the world please make sure you have it before you go. The rate is 3.75%

2:40 am (me) don’t lose anymore sleep. You will need it in the morning. I’m on it.

2:42 am (LO) Thank you

2:42 am (me) Welcome

2:43 wife is now awake watching a movie. I fall off into the Twilight Zone.

7:09 am - I call the escrow officer. She calls the LO an idiot. rants.

7:18am (me to LO) Just got off the phone with D at escrow. She is on her way to work and will send me a new HUD with wiring instructions

7:55 am. I’m in the shower and get a voice mail from the EO apologizing for the crazy LO.

8:06 am (crazy LO) Did you get it?

8:13 am (me) I got everything. Good to go.

I run out the door at 8:30 am, jump in the car and turn the key. First ever dead battery on the car! It’s raining. I push it out of the way and warm up the Mercedes. 8:40 am and on my way. Hope I get there by 9:00.

9:00 ring customer’s doorbell , no answer, house looks dead.

9:01 am (me on phone to customer) “Hi, can I come in? I’m at the curb, in front of your house.”

Door creaks open. At end of signing my curiosity is killing me. “I know you’ve been asked this all your life but how did you get the name "OR-D"? (that’s his first name). He nods with a smile and says he didn’t know what his mother was thinking. I ask him to please keep the crooks locked up. (and me too)

2:21 pm - customer calls. “The bank says the wire won’t get there today so I got a cashier’s check. Where do I sign it?

2:30 pm – shopping for an assault rifle.

Reply by Clem/CA on 1/25/13 11:55pm
Msg #452327

LOL just go to bed

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/25/13 11:57pm
Msg #452328

I like the bear. n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 1/26/13 8:02am
Msg #452340

yup n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.