Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
... and another dedicated gov't worker....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/14/13 4:42pm
Msg #450388

I sign alot of government workers. Called to confirm signing ... BO said he wanted to sign at his DOJ office during working hours cos he didn't want to use his "personal time."

LOL

Reply by Laurily on 1/14/13 5:02pm
Msg #450395

not all gov't workers are like this...these are the ones that give "gov't workers" bad reputations there are many many dedicated workers to their field that serve the public with just as much dignity and professionalism as a Notary Public who is also considered a public servent as much as a gov't worker.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/14/13 5:42pm
Msg #450403

I know not all gov't workers are like this. Most government workers are hardworking and don't cheat their employer any worse that private sector workers do. I didn't mean for anyone to have to jump to the defense of anyone ... I just thought what he said was funny! Funny that he was so candid. Just more stupid stuff we hear every day from borrowers. Sorry.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/14/13 5:51pm
Msg #450404

As a former journalist who long covered government ...

... I have to agree with Laurily. My experience in covering government at all levels was that most are hardworking, dedicated employees. Nonetheless, I'm with you: the comment was a rib-tickler. And I'm glad that you do, indeed, recognize the value of our public servants.

Reply by Carolyn Bodley on 1/14/13 6:52pm
Msg #450410

The good, bad and ugly ...

As has already been mentioned, government workers are no different than private sector workers -- there are hard workers and the slack offs in both. I worked eight years in government regulatory agencies, and I've worked in numerous private sector companies.

People are people and it doesn't make any difference what their position, title or employer.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/14/13 7:29pm
Msg #450418

Re: The good, bad and ugly ...

Very well said - and couldn't agree more!

Years ago (between careers) I worked for about a year as a temp in the L.A. County Public Information Office and had the chance to meet lots of people in different departments. There were certainly those who were the stereotypical "civil servant" mentality, but we joked around about that because they were the exception. I worked with quite a few people who were dedicated to making a difference, often depending on creativity to make up for what they lacked in resources.

In fact, I was there when the riots happened as a result of the Rodney King trial. There was a lot going on in that building in response to those events that impressed me.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/14/13 6:47pm
Msg #450409

Perfect time to put on my best 'Schwartz to Col. Klink': "I

know noth-ink, I see noth-ink..."

And then? Ever sign a gym teacher hubby first, while class ran laps; then Mrs while her class worked on projects, (very few interruptions?) All set up with intital confirmation call to make the best use of everyone's time because they'd worked out a few scenerios beforehand.

Busy, busy, on-task, tick-tock, let's rock: Zippidy zap, easy peasy, and right up there in Best Signings Everland.

Reply by Jack/AL on 1/14/13 7:55pm
Msg #450422

Sergeant Schultz to Colonel Click ........ I think. n/m

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/14/13 8:54pm
Msg #450436

OK, that settles it ....

I will take you up on your proposal of marriage, Sir Hugh, since you are the only one who got my "sense of humor."

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/14/13 11:08pm
Msg #450460

Nope:

https://www.google.com/search?q=col+klink&hl=en&tbo=u&qscrl=1&rlz=1T4ADRA_enUS454US454&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=LuP0UPStAa3SiAL0iYC4Ag&sqi=2&ved=0CEoQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=553

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/15/13 10:51am
Msg #450488

Re: Nope:...yep (but typo - it's "Klink" not "Click"

Sgt Schultz to Col Klink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogans_Heroes

"Colonel Hogan would routinely manipulate Klink and get Schultz to look the other way while the Allied men conducted secret operations. Klink and Schultz were constantly at risk of transfer to the Russian Front, and Hogan helped keep the duo in place. Schultz was aware the prisoners were carrying out mischief, but deliberately ignored it to maintain the status quo. He would just state, "I know nothing","I hear nothing" or "I see nothing", and sometimes say all three

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/15/13 10:53am
Msg #450490

BTW Susan...your link doesn't work n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.