Notary Rotary
canceling appts due to illness
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by ToniK on 1/15/13 8:20pm
Msg #450613

So I sent the hiring entity an email on Monday cancelling all appts I had with them. I had one scheduled for today at 6pm. At 530 I get a call from Servicelink letting me know they sent docs. So I check my email and said I had none scheduled with them. Then they mentioned BO name and it dawned on me that was the one that I cancelled on Monday. But the hiring company never relayed that message to them. Just got an email notification to update signing after completion....REALLY???

Reply by LKT/CA on 1/16/13 8:43pm
Msg #450744

Do you have a notary friend you network with and refer business to when your schedule is booked? If I've accepted a job - whether it's a loan signing or general notary work - and cannot make the appt, I never just cancel and leave the ball in their lap to find a replacement. I call my friend first to see if they are willing and available. If so, I then call the hiring party and cancel with the offer of a replacement that I've already spoken to. It's up to the hiring party if they accept the replacement but at least I didn't leave them in the lurch.

If my friend is not available, I come here and use the search feature and find a replacement who's experienced, willing and able.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.