Notary Rotary
eMobileNotary
Notary Discussion History

eMobileNotary
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by John K Cole on 1/14/13 8:59pm
Msg #450438

eMobileNotary

They called me up and said they needed a 7 page closing done - with 2 notarizations... for $75 I said sure. I get the eDocs and there are 128 pages... then the borrower wants to push the closing up 2 hours? No way, not for half my standard fee.

Reply by Shan/CA on 1/14/13 11:33pm
Msg #450466

Oops, someone can't count! I had a 4 1/2 star company tell me that I couldn't give back an assignment this past Friday. They had not sent the docs by 10:30, and they wanted a noon signing.

Reply by sueharke on 1/14/13 11:56pm
Msg #450471

Love your humor!

Reply by Shan/CA on 1/15/13 12:22am
Msg #450473

Sue, even I understand as a "newbie" not to be taken advantage of! So for that company to lie and say it was 7 pages and it was 120 plus, did they really expect that job to be done for $75? As far as that company I dealt with, what, were they going to MAKE me take a job?? LOL

Reply by sueharke on 1/15/13 6:49am
Msg #450474

My comment was meant as a compliment as to your ability to make a good decision and show humor in your post. Sorry if I did not make my comment clear.

Reply by Shan/CA on 1/15/13 9:36am
Msg #450477

No, you did! I was just elaborating at the nerve of some of these companies that are trying to hold us "hostage" for lack of a better word.

Reply by emilysigns on 1/15/13 12:13pm
Msg #450516

Late docs

I used to get all twisted up about the late doc situation....I am trying really hard to take a more zen-like approach just because it is simply too hard to work in such a frazzled state.

I sent a reminder, and let the hiring party know what time I am walking out the door, docs in hand or not. ( I can't miss an earlier appointment waiting for docs.) At the point that I need to leave, I will offer them the choice to re-assign to someone who can take a last minute appointment or, I can call the borrower and work it out with them.

I do not get upset, I make sure everyone knows the situation, and so far, everyone has remained cool like Fonzie. Borrowers, notary, and hiring party have all come out unscathed.

I have finally accepted that this is just the nature of the beast.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 1/15/13 12:51pm
Msg #450530

Were they expecting you to maybe just print the 7 pp and run to meet the new deadline??? That's all they'd have gotten for not being upfront

Reply by JulieD/KS on 1/20/13 10:12pm
Msg #451342

I'd have called and asked for my customary fee ($150) since it was a full package. If they refused (or insisted that I already accepted their $75 offer) I'd have said:
"Okay...then of these 128 pages, which are the 7 pages you wish me to print and have signed?"

I would NOT print the document package without an updated confirmation with a new fee.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.