Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
how much do you pay for your website each mouth?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Kate/PA on 1/8/13 11:39pm
Msg #449537

How much did it cost to design it & how much monthly? How much business does it bring you as a mobile notary? I'm paying $50 a month 4 mine which I feel is a little to steep.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 1/8/13 11:50pm
Msg #449540

What you paid to have it designed should have nothing to do with what you're paying on a monthly basis. Once the design is done, it's done. Unless they're actually doing something for you to justify the cost, $50/month is a total rip-off. You can get a hosting package for less than $100/yr, and it should not be too difficult to move what you currently have over to a new host.

Reply by ToniK on 1/9/13 7:13am
Msg #449558

I second what Mike said

I dont pay hosting monthly. I bought an annual plan from godaddy for less than $50. I used genesis framework ($80) and child theme ($25 each) for mine and had a guy on elance set it up for me for $50. Im planning on redesigning my website without genesis and having someone from elance.com design it.

Reply by grapebed on 1/9/13 8:54am
Msg #449570

I pay $ -0-. I do not have a web site.

i do not do GNW . I would rather not receive phone calls asking " how much do you charge for notarizing two pages?", etc. and then never hear from the person again.

It is a business decision. That's all,

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/9/13 8:12am
Msg #449563

I use webs - basic - free n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/9/13 9:04am
Msg #449572

Kate, sent you a p/m.. n/m

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/9/13 10:45am
Msg #449595

Well... I designed mine myself and I host it myself on a server where I host multiple website for other people. So, essentially, I don't pay anything for it because the fees that people pay for their hosting cover my costs. So I think I'm an exception.

But yeah.... it brings in a lot of my business. A lot.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 1/9/13 10:46am
Msg #449597

0 for my notary site

I own and operate several web sites. But my notary web site is just a free, easy blogger website. I didn't even pay to customize the URL. But I get a LOT of traffic to it from organic searches--often more than I would like, as I try to stay away from general notary work and focus on loan closings.

Remember that web sites are maintenance.... one of mine got hacked and keyword stuffed with keywords for pharmaceuticals, another one had to be migrated when a hosting site went out of business.

Think about if you want to be in the business of managing a web site, or if you just want a web presence.

With my notary business, all I wanted was a web presence, and my free blogger site did the trick with almost no maintenance at all.

Reply by OR on 1/9/13 2:14pm
Msg #449640

Another reason I love Notary Rotary.

I link to my profile here on the Notary Rotary as my website. Notary Rotary gives you a link if you are a paid member. Just a nother reason I love Notary Rotary.

Reply by LKT/CA on 1/9/13 2:59pm
Msg #449652

Website Tonight

http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/website-builder-new2.aspx

Hundreds of design templates, many shades to choose from. Just choose the design and type in the info and voila!! I'm not tech savvy - at all - and it was very easy for me. Easy to edit, I get up to 10 pages for my site. I pay $8.99 per month.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.