sample docs
Notary Discussion History

sample docs
Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Gregory Walther on 1/5/13 1:58pm
Msg #449066

sample docs

Good afternoon everyone,
I am just starting out and was wondering if anyone had a set of sample of real estate closing documents in which I could some familiarity and training. I appreciate all the help. Happy New Year!!!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/5/13 2:28pm
Msg #449070

Has REBA reversed their stance on notaries & signings? n/m

Reply by ToniK on 1/5/13 2:38pm
Msg #449071

PM and I can give you sample docs I received. Many are outdated but its a pdf file of 300 docs.

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/5/13 2:43pm
Msg #449074

GW...are you sure it's legal for you in your state?

Linda mentioned this also. Don't get yourself in trouble.

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/5/13 2:56pm
Msg #449077

Please read this message - Msg #180206 - click on the

link - Msg #180206.

Also, read all the posts and discussion involved in that thread. I picked Tina's because she knew what she was doing.

Reply by SReis on 1/5/13 3:09pm
Msg #449079

Pls note ONLY attys are allowed to do MA closings

Due to the SJC decision in REBA v. NREIS, ONLY attys are allowed to conduct ANY real estate transaction, inc refi & purchases. Even if you are working with or contracted by an atty that is NOT enough. The actual person present at the closing MUST be an atty. There are other restrictions on the attys actual role too but I don't think that matters to this discussion now.

Reply by SReis on 1/5/13 3:13pm
Msg #449080

Did search it appears he may be an atty but still be careful

THE SJC dec stated that we have to take a more significant role in the closing transaction. Title must be reviewed as well as other things so I would suggest you gain some famailarity with what is needed. It is more that just notarizing documents!! Also I would suggest you get some professional liability insurance before starting esp with the recent litigation re: REBA targeting local attys who do closings. Good Luck!!

Reply by Gregory Walther on 1/5/13 3:46pm
Msg #449085

Re: Did search it appears he may be an atty but still be careful

Thank you everyone for the robust response,
I am in fact an Attorney in Massachusetts as I stated earlier just starting looking to acquire training and familiarity with documents. Also very cognizant of the SJC decision here. To date have not conducted any closings, just doing background research and continuing legal Ed.

Attorney Reis: I have been left with much confusion with the SJC ruling as different local attorneys I have provided me with different interpretations, obviously depending upon their interest. Those who conduct witness closings state it is perfectly fine as the decision did not strictly define participation by attorney. Any further guidance you could provide would be most helpful.

Thank you

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/5/13 4:18pm
Msg #449093

Gregory, check your PMs. n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/5/13 4:14pm
Msg #449092

My question...how about out of state signings on

MA property....would an attorney have to conduct the signing on the phone (like SC)? I know REBA doesn't impact other state notaries, but is there a requirement that attorneys do it on the phone if MA property involved?

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/5/13 3:38pm
Msg #449083

There you go...what SReis who is an attorney said. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.