Notary Rotary
signing training in texas
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2013 Index

Posted by Shelia Elder on 1/22/13 7:14pm
Msg #451578

I am a new notary and I want to attend a signing class or online training. I am in the Dallas area. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Reply by HisHughness on 1/22/13 7:31pm
Msg #451581

Take the NotRot class. Start reading this forum; other participants will shortly post and tell you what messages to start with. Be darned sure you know what you're doing before you attempt any loan signings.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/22/13 7:36pm
Msg #451582

Hugh, IS there a NotRot class? I thought it was just the

SR Training Guide.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/22/13 7:54pm
Msg #451587

I thought NR had a certification course; may be wrong, tho n/m

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 1/22/13 9:32pm
Msg #451600

Re: Hugh, IS there a NotRot class? I thought it was just the

I purchased the Advanced Notary Signing Agent Training Course from NR and the NNA's Complete Handbook of Loan Documents and Transactions. The latter was very helpful, but the NR binder was even more so than that.

I'm still debating on signing up for the Notary2Pro online classes just to reinforce what I already know since knowledge is never a bad thing (especially from someone well versed in the subject matter).

Reply by Shelia Elder on 1/22/13 8:01pm
Msg #451588

Thanks for the info!

Reply by MikeC/TX on 1/22/13 11:21pm
Msg #451615

Either check out Notaty2Pro for online training or the guide sold here on Notary Rotary for offline training. Forget that company that can't be named here, but whose initials start with NNA....

Also, understand that NO course is going to get into the specifics of what your state requires. You're on your own for that. Texas has laws regarding the signing of home equity loans - unlike other real estate loans, they must be signed either at a law office or at a Title Company, so you need to be aware of that. No course you take is going to tell you that.

I'm also in the DFW area - Grapevine, to be exact. Don't do loan signings anymore, so you're not my competition. Fell free to send me a PM if you need any help.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.