Notary Rotary
123 cerification test
Notary Discussion History

123 cerification test
Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by Mindy/ on 7/18/13 1:34pm
Msg #477323

123 cerification test

I am a newbie NNA certified, do you recommend 123 as well? The only calls I have received are from 123 so I think it may be worth the investment and or an upgrade to a higher spot. I am in Orange County, California with a lot of completion in the area.

Reply by HSH/WA on 7/18/13 1:46pm
Msg #477326

Re: At a time when competition is getting much harder

and fees may be under pressure due to less and less closings being chased by more and more NSAs, is it the right time to add expense? On the flip side, if you can compete at very competitive fees expanding your visibility may be smart. Just make sure you actually know your costs of doing a closing including not just printing, driving but also accounting, chasing invoices, insurance, making up for mistakes and dings to your fee. Hope this helps.

Reply by parkerc/ME on 7/18/13 2:25pm
Msg #477334

For some reason, nna certification seems to be the standard. If your certification is through them, you're not going to open enough additional doors by getting another certification from 123. Once you get established in a TC or SS database and gain the experience with them, you'll continue to receive calls from them regularly, as well as from others. How many, depends on the competition in your area. ("Find" notaries in your area on the various sites, here included, to see how many competitors you have.). But as has been pointed out, we're now looking at a slowersigning market, so don't look for your phone to ring off the hook, no matter how many certifications are hanging on your wall.

Reply by Mindy/ on 7/18/13 2:29pm
Msg #477337

So are you saying better to just focus on signing up with as many TC and SS on signing central? What is your thought on upgrading your position on 123?

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 7/18/13 2:29pm
Msg #477336

Kind of similar in answer to my post above regarding E&O

Our examination is, for all intents and purposes, a bar examination. I don't need anyone "testing" me other than the Secretary of State, which they already did and I passed. A test from someone out of state that doesn't fully understand civil law seems a little peculiar to me. Mind you, I mean that in no derogatory way. At any rate, it's certainly not something I'd be willing to pay for seeing as my licensing, yearly civil code books, testing fees, etc were high enough.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/18/13 2:44pm
Msg #477338

Just a tip, Mindy. We don't usually openly discuss that

site here on NR, because they are a direct competitor to NR. We respect Harry & staff enough not to want to blatantly discuss other sites here.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/18/13 2:45pm
Msg #477339

BTW, we often refer to the other sites as the "numbers site"

or the "coffee site".

Reply by Mindy/ on 7/18/13 2:50pm
Msg #477342

Re: BTW, we often refer to the other sites as the "numbers site"

Good point, wasn't thinking about that, my apologies.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/18/13 3:22pm
Msg #477344

I agree with what everyone else has said but want to

point out and warn you - if you decide to upgrade - you are going to pay a King's ransom for a listing there - being in CA you're going to pay to be ahead of all the others, and it isn't cheap.

I've listed there for 7 years and my listing price has doubled this year.

Just beware where you put your dollars.

Reply by LynnNC on 7/18/13 3:40pm
Msg #477345

I also get a lot of business from 123. Being certified by them and buying a high level membership will get you more visibility. The cost will be offset by additional business.

Reply by John Tennant on 7/18/13 5:32pm
Msg #477356

Your location in CA has a lot of competition. I doubt if any investment in the #'s association will benefit you as there are many in your area that are already listed there. JMHO

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 7/18/13 11:11pm
Msg #477377

I tend to agree with John. You'll pay a fortune for a listing there if you're in CA but you likely won't get that many jobs cos of the competition. I didn't list there for years cos it was waaaay toooo expensive, but finally did for a couple of years. The listing paid for itself and a little more but nothing to write home about. NR was more productive and cost far less.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.