Notary Rotary
123mobilenotary Jeremy Belmont
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by DMOH on 7/29/13 2:20pm
Msg #478384

I'm so fed up I could scream! I went to renew my membership with 123mobilenotary.com (which had not yet expired) only to find my account had been deleted! No emails, no phone calls, no nothing to tell me it had been deleted! Jeremy Belmont is out of control and his business practices are very shady! He does whatever he wants and has zero business ethic or professionalism. I don't normally post about most companies but I can't believe this guy can get away with what he does! Does anyone have any good recommendations for any other directories? I'm not going to renew my membership and deal with this guy any longer and I'd encourage other notaries to do the same! If this is how he is going to treat paying customers then I'd love nothing more than to put him out of business! Thanks for listening and for your feedback regarding other reputable directories!

Reply by jba/fl on 7/29/13 2:34pm
Msg #478386

Do you know when he deleted you? How much longer did you have?

When is someone going to sue him for breach of contract?

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 7/29/13 2:38pm
Msg #478389

Suing Mr. Belmont, pssshhh yeah that'll be the day!

and he knows that none of us NSA's will do it, unless one of us who is "well to do" or can afford the court costs and time, or an attorney.

He's a snake in the grass and I'm glad that most of his members have opted to renew here or on other worth $$$ while sites. His site is slowly going down the drain...can't wait 'till its just gone.

Anyone who pays $$$ to be listed on that site, should just throw their money out the window as they drive. IMO.

Reply by jba/fl on 7/29/13 2:50pm
Msg #478391

You think his pockets are so deep he can afford to be sued?

And possibly lose, which means he will pay all costs of the notary if the notary has an attorney of any worth. If he has even two or three losses, he could lose his insurance, etc. Eventually, he is the one who loses.

Goes back to that old saying: the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Since I have no dog in this fight, I can say what I wish with impunity as long as I refrain from slander, libel, etc.

Reply by Notarysigner on 7/29/13 4:08pm
Msg #478412

He has a no refund policy disclosure amoung other things

it's posted on his site but very difficult to find, but it's there.

I've already been that route when he kicked me off because I told him I didn't live on his plantation (four months to go on my membership). I challenged him about cheating notaries and he told me it was his site and could do what he wanted.

I filed a compliant with the LA BBB in Dec 2012...it was there for two months then disappeared, although I cut and pasted the page before it was deleted. I'm not afraid of him because everything I said is true but who has $5,000.00 for a retainer to settle a claim for $40.00?

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 7/29/13 4:18pm
Msg #478414

couldn't you file via small claims court? n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 7/29/13 4:33pm
Msg #478415

Re: couldn't you file via small claims court?

...for $40.00? You're kidding right?

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/30/13 12:26pm
Msg #478545

Re: Suing Mr. Belmont ...

I have no dog in this fight as my listing there is free.

However, has anyone considered a class-action for breach of contract? Don't know if it has any merit. Just throwing it out there. Wink

Reply by DMOH on 7/29/13 4:03pm
Msg #478410

Thank you all for your support, it's very unfortunate, but I'm glad I'm not alone! From what I understand I was deleted on 6/3/2013 with no explanation thus far. The best thing we all can do is to not renew any memberships with him; I'm going to look at other options, including my own website (which I've been fortunate enough to not need until now). If nobody buys a membership with him, he will eventually fall. Not Rot is fabulous, but naturally I'd like to have myself listed in other places too. I guess it's time to start looking for other places, anything but enabling this guy by giving him more money!

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 7/29/13 2:35pm
Msg #478387

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head on how some on this form and others feel about Mr. Belmont.

Maybe you should, just for kicks, ask for a refund? Then let us all know what he says?

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/29/13 3:01pm
Msg #478392

Re: ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

He is a nut, i am on and off that listing so many times. You have to login every 60 days or he deletes account, a few other things. If I pay for a year leave me alone.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 7/29/13 3:06pm
Msg #478395

Notary Rotary is the only way to go! n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/29/13 3:11pm
Msg #478396

Hate to say this but better, faster paying clients

come from nut bars site, SS (dead beats ) use this site and troll for new names showing up. If I renew my prem account I will get tons of calls from dead beats and lowball companies. Everytime

Reply by Michele/MD on 7/29/13 3:23pm
Msg #478399

Re: Hate to say this but better, faster paying clients

Glad to hear I am not the only one completely fed up. As a special thanks this past renewal they decided to hit me with over 100% price increase. I'm pretty sure that included my loyalty rewards points! Will not renew again.

I have moved to another state now and cannot get them to change my listing to save my life. I have also been told even though I paid for top listings that I cannot have top listing in my new area. I was told "you move, you lose". Not sure someone is the the best frame of mind when they tell their customers "you lose".

The boards are bare..... seems to be a dying website. Looks like they lose!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/29/13 4:43pm
Msg #478416

Same as Mike...my best clients came from that listing

however, that said, my listing price almost doubled for this year (renewable 9/1) and the number of good calls saying "we found you there" has dropped dramatically - my listing, IMO, is no longer worth the money paid in.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 7/29/13 5:20pm
Msg #478421

My business actually increased when I dropped his site.

I find that over 90% of the calls from new-to-me TC's and good paying companies I have received since I dropped his site, find me via my listing on Notary Rotary.

When I ask my GNW calls what site they found me on, they tell me either here or from my Merchant_cir listing via a Google search.

I stopped doing business with him years ago and have not only saved the yearly double fee increases he wanted to charge, but actually have made more money by not wasting my money advertising on his site.

Reply by Stoli on 7/29/13 3:33pm
Msg #478400

Maybe you do have recourse with 123

I don’t have a dog in this hunt, but I successfully fought it out with Jeremy on a similar matter.

Shortly before my current listing was due to expire, I prepaid the annual renewal fee for the upcoming year. It just so happened that about the same time Jeremy sent out his famous, “…if you don’t update your account, your listing will be deleted” notice. I was feeling particularly cranky and requested that 123 allow my current listing to run its course and issue a refund for the renewal fee. Evidently 123 has a no refund policy.

Well, my account was paid with my Chase business card and Chase has been extremely helpful on other matters and asked for their advice. According to Chase, 123 cannot collect funds for services not rendered, and they would be happy to remove the charge and file a dispute. Chase has the ability to reverse the funds advanced to a merchant for cause, and not providing the contracted service is definitely cause to reverse the charge. In my case, the new annual period had not commenced, and there was a short period of time remaining on my current listing.

Needless to say, I don’t receive threatening e-mails, and I do not routinely update my account because I find the 123 website almost impossible to navigate.

As an aside, James filed a complaint with the BBB, and it is the finding of the BBB that Jeremy is a private business owner, may conduct business as he sees fit, and is not regulated or influenced by the BBB or Consumer Affairs. It is entirely up to the individual whether they want to do business on his terms, or not.

I’m generally easy to get along with and don’t look for conflict, but I don’t expect to be harangued by a merchant, either. It was one of the few times I have been able to back down a bully.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 7/29/13 5:04pm
Msg #478418

I dropped him several years ago and my business actually increased. I took 1/4 of the money I had spent on my last renewal with him and renewed my coffee site membership that year.

When I dropped his site, the number of no/slow paying companies that I received calls from dropped dramatically. I was so happy not to pay the jacked up increased fee (double the cost) when I realized how much my listing with his site was actually costing me in business and in time chasing down payment for services rendered on top of the fee he charged. I have found that nearly all of the new-to-me TC calls I receive since I kicked his site to the curb actually used Notary Rotary to find me.

Jeremy didn't like the fact that I called him out about his joke of a "certification" test that was filled with lots or incorrect information & required inaccurate answers to pass. When I sent him polite emails inquiring about the incorrect information for some of the questions to the test (he ran a $7 special for it at that time so I thought, what the heck) he was one of the biggest Azzhats I have every had to deal with (and that's the nicest way I can put it). He double my renewal fee, for the top spot, and deleted my then current listing. Talk about a thin-skin unprofessional!

After pointing out the fact that it appeared he deleted my listing in retaliation, considering his unprofessional email responses, he quickly reinstated my listing and even added an extra month to the listing. I had about a month or less when he had deleted my listing.

Around the same time, he was posting on his Facebook page all the time, trying to increase his sites search rankings. The amount of ridiculously incorrect information he was putting out on a regular basis actually made me ashamed of even being connected to his site (his lack of business ethics & customer services skills aside). I didn't want anyone seeing how proud he was to show how little he knows to think that I was just as ignorant should they see my listing on his site. Luckily, I only had about a month or two left on my listing when I discovered he was doing that.

In my opinion, he, personally, and his site, would have to improve a great deal before I would even consider referring to him, & his site, as a slimeball business that no one should bother to waste their time with.

Reply by Notarysigner on 7/29/13 5:20pm
Msg #478420

Re: 123mobilenotary Jeremy Belmont amen! n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 7/29/13 6:03pm
Msg #478426

Sorry for all your problems. I don't know if you realize

or not, be we usually don't openly discuss another site on this one. They're competitors, after all. You can be sure he will call Harry about this post. We have tried to be subtle when discussing other sites--like referring to the "nos. site" or "coffee site". Not trying to censure your post in any way--just trying to say we try to be a little careful how we handle it.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/29/13 6:29pm
Msg #478427

Re: Sorry for all your problems. I don't know if you realize

He very well may call Harry about this thread, but he can't deny it is all true.

When I had my Signing Service I primarily used NotaryRotary and the Signing Registry to find signing agents. Only when I couldn't find anyone through these two sites did I look elsewhere, but I never used the numbers site.
I don't know what kind of certification test the numbers site gives now, but when I was a signing agent myself I was called by Jeremy to do a "test" via the phone (I think he was just starting to do certifications), he asked questions and I answered. He didn't like some of my answers, but they were correct for Florida and were not correct for California and I told him I went by Florida notary law not California notary law. He did add I was certified to my profile there though.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/29/13 6:50pm
Msg #478430

Here's a general (rhetorical) question: How long does a

business that hassles & harasses their customers last? ;-)

Reply by JS_MD on 7/29/13 8:33pm
Msg #478439

Very unprofessional business owner...

Every time I renewed I heard a bunch of stories about what a nutcase he was from the person who called me for renewal. Alluded to the fact he was bipolar. Sad. It was a good site at one time. None of us have time for his drama. We have work to do.

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/29/13 8:34pm
Msg #478440

SHHHHHH!!!!! No one should ever

*publicly* admit that they get their best clients from the 123 site. Only *privately* tell others if they ask but don't post it publicly. That is why your renewal fees are doubling - Jeremy reads this forum and says to himself, "CHA-CHING!!" for every post that admits their best clients come from his site.

Reply by jba/fl on 7/29/13 9:00pm
Msg #478447

If you FB - he has asked an interesting question today. n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/29/13 10:33pm
Msg #478450

Me doesn't FB or Tweet

I do have a FB account but I login probably 3 or 4 times a year, if that much.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 7/29/13 10:38pm
Msg #478451

Re: If you FB - he has asked an interesting question today.

I am letting my memership run out after my last conversation with Jeremy! He did change my profile because he said it was 'salient"? Ok whatever..I was not happy with him making changes to my profile..None of his business..Then he sent me an email wanting to know if I was interested in his "Ninja" certification..He also closed the email with the phrase"since you are out there winning awards I thought you might be interested" It sounded like he was insulting me ( I am very proud of my awards and have earned them) I have had enough of him and his tactics..

I will mention that I did call him to task on FB when he first came on..He was giving wrong information and then called me and emailed me several several times to ask me to be careful what I say as people read what I write and it could damage his reputation! He has ruined his own reputation!

That listing used to bring me money and it hasnt in a long time..It used to be a good site..Gee wonder when I will get his emails on this posting..Wonder what happened to him? I wish him no harm..Its business not personal!

Reply by Tudi/CA on 7/29/13 11:27pm
Msg #478457

Referal sources are the best on Notary Rotary

I have received most of my business through Notary Rotary. If I had to choose just one site to use, it would be Notary Rotary. I have also gained some business from the "Coffee Site", and they have some interesting features on their site that are not available on the other sites. I found the "numbers site" to be a total waste of money.

Reply by rolomia on 7/29/13 11:55pm
Msg #478460

Try FBI's ICCC, RipOffReport, AG, Sec. of State, etc.

There are many forms that compaints against his site can take: His domain registrar/webhost, merchant account, the FBI's Internet Crimes Complaint Center, Attorney General, Secretary of State, RipOffReport.com, etc. As for the Better Business Bureau, not many consumers take their site seriously, anymore. They're a total joke, where complaint effectiveness is concerned.

Reply by Exclusive Mobile Notary on 7/30/13 12:51am
Msg #478464

Re: Try FBI's ICCC, RipOffReport, AG, Sec. of State, etc.

The BBB is a joke. I used to work for a national mortgage lender in the investigations department and worked directly with the BBB. There is nothing the BBB can do except ask you to respond to a complaint. They are a private, for profit, company.

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 7/30/13 4:14pm
Msg #478581

Re: Try FBI's ICCC, RipOffReport, AG, Sec. of State, etc.

"The BBB is a joke."

This is 100% true. They are absolutely for-profit, and will not truly pursue complaints made against their "accredited" members as they would companies that are not BBB-accredited. They are not going to bite the hands that feed them.

I am also personally against their abusive recruiting tactics. They called me last spring, and left a voicemail that I must call them back immediately regarding a very important reputation issue. I was appalled when I called back, shaking in fear of a consumer complaint, and the lady pitched me an expensive membership package. She said this offer was only good for one day, it was a prestigious honor to be recruited by them, and it would increase my business. It was at least $400/year, and it was due in full that day, or in 3 payments, with interest. When I explained to her that I didn't have the extra funds for it on that day, I'd like to consider it, she said, "You must not be serious about your business then", and basically told me good luck being successful with no accredidation.

That told me everything I ever needed to know about the BBB. In reality...they don't have any teeth. A complaint will either be laughed off, or the offender will find a way to "erase" it from his record as though it was never made.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 7/30/13 8:19am
Msg #478477

"Ninja" certification - LOL Is that a name for a technique

... of separating notaries from their hard earned money? Wink

Reply by SANTA CLARITA MOBILE NOTARY on 8/18/13 11:31pm
Msg #480960

Annual fee increasing like gas prices!

I go through the same discussion with Jeremy every year for the past several years. Every year the annual fee continues to increase and my listing goes down lower on the list. He did the same thing to me as he did to DMOH. He deleted my profile too before it actually expired! Then when I renewed I was way down the list while new notaries with whom I have talked, are now at the top and paying less. It's just not right and I don't like the way he conducts business. Another notary/owner of a postal place in my area who is also on 123 had similar complaints about the way Jeremy conducts business.

This year 123 agreed to give me a whopping 8% discount if I renewed 6 months early! I will not be renewing. I'm not paying almost $200 a year to be #5 or #6 after almost 10 yrs as a customer! I don't get that many calls from that site anyway.

I also stopped paying another site undreds of dollars every month. I've saved about $4000 this year and my phone rings off the hook From organic listings.

I'm all for advertising and in the beginning for new notaries I think it's a good idea, but after you're established as a notary, save your hard earned money and just sign up on NR and a few other sites and you'll get business.

All the best to everyone!

Denise

Reply by Christine Moran on 10/4/13 12:56pm
Msg #487002

I no longer have a profile there because he is a jerk

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.