Notary Rotary
AVG scan question. I started a full scan of my computer
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by Linda Juenger on 7/26/13 3:26pm
Msg #478151

last night at 10pm. It is still scanning and its 3:30 this afternoon. It is at 97% and has been there since midnight last night. My question is... Does it scan each and every email? In my junk email acct, there are over 4,000 in there, 3,000 have never been opened and says unread. If this is the case, then I need to delete a LOT of emails. Thanks

Reply by Brian Gruss on 7/26/13 3:39pm
Msg #478152

Linda,

I am not sure on the AVG scanning each email. But what I do know is if your using Outlook or another email client, you do not want your email files really big, as the bigger they are, the easier they are to become corrupt. I would start going through your junk email folder and deleting what you can, as well as emptying the trash folder. Hope this helps.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 7/26/13 3:42pm
Msg #478153

Thanks. I will do that when it gets done scanning. Its just taking a very long time and I think the junk emails have a lot to do with the time it is taking.

Reply by bagger on 7/26/13 3:43pm
Msg #478154

Why in the world are you saving 4K Junk emails? n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/26/13 3:44pm
Msg #478155

I have had that happen in the past. I usually ended up restarting the computer and then starting the AVG scan again and it scanned without "locking up" It happened quite a few times.

But if I remember correctly the problem went away after I ran Malwarebytes and the CCleaner.

Reply by Carolyn Bodley on 7/26/13 5:56pm
Msg #478175

Linda,
It depends on how you have AVG set up. There are options to scan incoming and outgoing emails, or not. It sounds like with over 4,000 emails, that it is most definitely scanning them.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 7/27/13 5:38pm
Msg #478262

Mine is setup to scan incoming/outgoing emails, but I try to keep the actual email files cleaned-out by setting up storage folders in the email that are regular files, and don't impact the email operation.
My suggestion would be to stop the scan, clean up your emal and then rescan.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.